Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit Loyola 29 Ishpeming 8 Final D7

biggunsbob

Ishpeming 12-0 verses Detroit Loyola 13-0..
This is the third Final in a row between the two teams in D7 Hematite's are 2-0 in those games verses DL..

Ishpeming
Enrollment 260
Public
Since 2012 they have won 33 games in a row including 2 titles.
Out scored teams 402 to 104 overall with 5 shutouts and 98 to 38..They have had three tough
playoff games in a row..
Overall
320-241-9 since 1955.
In the playoffs all-time 37-14.
In titles
4-1
1975 and 1979 in Class C
2012 and 2013 in division 7.

Detroit Loyola
Enrollment 278
Private school.
Out scored teams 655 to 116 this season with 5 shutouts have crushed 4 playoff teams
183 to 47.
Overall 120-84 since 1995.
In the playoffs all-time 16-9..
Title Games
0-2
Well DL gets a third crack verses Ishpeming in the title game Both games were tight affairs. 22-12
and 20-14.. ( I predicted DL by 50+ in 2012 LOL)

Last edited:
Have to stick with the title holders the Hematite's by 5

Next game up.. DL gets kick after hematite's defer.. complete a 4th and five twice.. Get a TD called back on holding.. Then a INT after the holding..

Last edited:
90 yard drive by the Hematite's after INT. Two point conversion good.. 8-0.. I amazes me how much bigger DL is over them..

Last edited:
DL uses toss sweeps to easily go down the field...tie score 8-8.. Just to big...

Last edited:
Poor punt.4th and 1 at the Hematite's6 ..35 yard td drive for DL..

DL 16-8..Too Big.. then forces a punt..

Last edited:
DL is forced to Punt...Then Forces a punt back..

Last edited:
After the first drive DL has not allowed hardly and yards.. Forces another three and out..

Last edited:
DL pulling away..22-8.. Two point conversion missed... Muskegon Big Reds will be the last Public school left in the Public verses Private matchup ... Private schools dominating Public schools this year...

Last edited:
DL defense is interesting No down linemen at all verses the Ishpeming.. Playing off the ball..

DL stiffens after Hematite drive stalls. Dropped ball on second and three at the 2. Great defensive play saves a TD by a DL linemen on third.. Poor play call on 4th stopped easily..

States second longest winning streak Ishpeming's 33 game streak coming to a end..

You aren't lying about the size difference. I would've liked to see DL play MCC. That might've been a good matchup.

You aren't lying about the size difference. I would've liked to see DL play MCC. That might've been a good matchup.

Been that way all three years. Not sure how Ishpeming won 2 of theses.. I guess DL was younger both of those years...
Their team has a bunch of seniors this year.

Last edited:
Ishpeming has had only 2 drives all game... First drive and one other where they were stopped on downs at the DL 20 late in the third when they had a chance to cut lead in half..

Last edited:
Back