Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Colbert Report Ending

Michchamp

there are only 6 episodes left, as of now. Next week is the last week.

Last night he did the final "Better Know A District." Hoping the rest of the week is better.

I'm going to miss this show.

Stayed up (barely) to watch the final. I am going to miss this show.

Sounds like I'm the only one here who will.

It's really going to be weird seeing him out of character.

Looks like Comedy central has a replacement lined up but these are some big shoes to fill. I think that guy (I forget his name) should do okay; he's funny - I've seen him on the daily show - but it's probably inevitable he will suffer by comparison to colbert

Stayed up (barely) to watch the final. I am going to miss this show.

Sounds like I'm the only one here who will.

It's really going to be weird seeing him out of character.

CBS is going to get Letterman to do a one hour interview show in the 10:30 slot.

It will be a miserable failure in prime time.

With no lead in audience, Late Night with Stephen Colbert will bomb.

CBS will fire Colbert, and ask Letterman to return to host Late Night.

Many will come to view Letterman as a backstabber and a turncoat, most especially Jimmy Kimmel and Howard Stern.

People will be running around and calling themselves as being with "Team Stephen."

Colbert will ultimately get a late night talk show with TBS that comes on after Conan.

Last edited:
CBS is going to get Letterman to do a one hour interview show in the 10:30 slot.

Many will come to view Letterman as a backstabber and a turncoat, most especially Jimmy Kimmel and Howard Stern.

People will be running around and calling themselves as being with "Team Stephen."

Colbert will ultimately get a late night talk show with TBS that comes on after Conan.

You're way off. They'd call themselves "Team Colbert" which would get shortened to "Team CoBo"

the cynical side of me thinks you may be right. but Colbert is a pretty sharp guy... I don't see him failing to attract viewers

that being said, TV networks make stupid, highly political decisions all the time to (e.g. the Dana carvey show, arrested development, and there's one other Im thinking of... it was a skit show that was popular, but too smart for TV.)

the cynical side of me thinks you may be right. but Colbert is a pretty sharp guy... I don't see him failing to attract viewers

that being said, TV networks make stupid, highly political decisions all the time to (e.g. the Dana carvey show, arrested development, and there's one other Im thinking of... it was a skit show that was popular, but too smart for TV.)

You do realizing that I was parodying the Leno/Conan/Tonight Show thing that happened at NBC, don't you?

I did forget one little detail, though; NBC didn't fire Conan; they wanted to move Leno back out of prime time and do a half hour show at 11:35, and move Conan and the Tonight Show to 12:05; but Conan ended up refusing to do a Tonight Show that actually started in the early morning.

So Conan and NBC made a settlement; and Conan went on his own way.

You do realizing that I was parodying the Leno/Conan/Tonight Show thing that happened at NBC, don't you?

I did forget one little detail, though; NBC didn't fire Conan; they wanted to move Leno back out of prime time and do a half hour show at 11:35, and move Conan and the Tonight Show to 12:05; but Conan ended up refusing to do a Tonight Show that actually started in the early morning.

So Conan and NBC made a settlement; and Conan went on his own way.

Oh.

Wow.

I think that's the first I've seen David Gregory since NBC booted him off Meet the Press.

Meantime this seems like the perfect opportunity for the two of you to rekindle your quarrel over the merits, or lack thereof, of Paul Krugman's economic analysis.

Or you could just talk about whether or not he looked like knew the words to the song; it appeared that President Clinton didn't.

Wow.

I think that's the first I've seen David Gregory since NBC booted him off Meet the Press.

Meantime this seems like the perfect opportunity for the two of you to rekindle your quarrel over the merits, or lack thereof, of Paul Krugman's economic analysis.

Or you could just talk about whether or not he looked like knew the words to the song; it appeared that President Clinton didn't.

I think Red finally saw the light on that one.

Krugman has more important things to do, anyway, than learn the words to a song.

The more intriguing guest-conflict there was Matt Taibbi & Tom Friedman. Taibbi's scathing take-downs of Friedman's horrible writing are pretty famous (to name a few, starting here, then here, then here). FWIW on twitter Taibbi said Friedman was very polite in person.

And everyone wonders what the hell Henry Kissinger was doing there.

Wow.

No, no, no. The argument wasn't over his economic chops. It was over his waste of space and abilities column whining about something Sarah Palin said after she was out of office and irrelevant when he should have been putting his chops to use to actually explain some economics.

Back