Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Holy Crap! The Simpsons debuted on Fox 25 years ago today

Michchamp

25 years... my god, has it been that long? Why, I remember it as if it were just yesterday.

Back then, Bart was the focal point for most of the humor of the series. I think it took a few seasons before this moved on to Homer.

My all-time favorite Simpsons' joke was from the Little Lisa Slurry Episode, when Mr. Burns unveils his new factory, and Moe remarks "That makes Little Debbie look like a pile a' puke." That always cracked me up...

My all-time favorite episode is either the one where they go to NYC or the one where they go to Australia, although the Monorail, the Xfiles one, Lisa the Vegetarian, and the one where Grandpa sells his cure for impotence were good too.

I haven't really watched a new episode in years, but they're still cranking them out.

Longer if you consider they were on during the Tracey Ullman show for a few years.

Although I saw an episode on fxx recently (they often do marathons of every single episode in order) that showed how much the characters and voices have evolved since the early days.

My favorite episode is one where Homer promises Marge he wont drink and then eats a bowl of chili with Guatemalan insanity peppers in it and gets a psychedelic reaction. Best quote: "Oh, I hope I didn't brain my damage".

I was 24, half a life ago. Great thing about animated, just need a voice and they can keep on making them.

I was 24, half a life ago. Great thing about animated, just need a voice and they can keep on making them.

Tell that to this guy

fulltroy.jpg

RIP Phil

Recently read there was a plan to reveal at some point that Marge's hair was hiding "Life is Hell" style ears. Plan abandoned obviously. I'm a little skeptical because she has regular ears on the sides of her head anyway.

th

Homer: "Excuse me sir, you look like a man who needs help satisfying his wife."

Man: *slugs Homer in the face and walks away*

Amazing show with great longevity and it's true, Bart and Lisa haven't aged a bit!

The show definitely went through periods where the writing seemed to suffer or get weak. There were years of "special guest" cameos and a departure from some of the content when Conan was on staff. Then, a few years ago, some of the original writers came back and the show seemed rejuvinated because of it. I like that my 8yr old is getting into The Simpsons now because he's getting old enough and we sometimes watch episodes that yeah, I saw 20yrs ago the first time.

It was at one time Must See TV on Sundays in college...

Back