Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Big Ten expansion?

kingofdetroit57

It sounds like Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State are heading to the Pac 12 now, so who do you think the Big Ten targets for their expansion?

I'm thinking Missouri, Kansas, Notre Dame and maybe Rutgers.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Would help a little in football but a lot in basketball.
Agreed. I think it'd be about perfect for expanding the audience too. You'd get a lot more interest in the St. Louis, Kansas City, Chicago and New York markets.

If there was any expansion i was hoping for Pittsburgh and Rutgers. Pitt isnt going to happen so i guess Mizzo and Rutgers. Fuck ND and their high horse. Theyd be better off in a conference picking on Syracuses and Cincinattis of the world...they dont belong in the B10.

I agree on ND. They still have national pull for some reason, but they are a joke. I'd rather see the big conferences all flip them the bird and stop playing them to be 100% honest.

From what I've been hearing Notre Dame and UConn could both end up in the ACC with Pitt and 'Cuse. Big East is actively pursuing Army and Navy to be football only schools and ECU is applying for Big East membership. Sketchy football conference to begin with adding Navy, Army, ECU won't do much to improve that. I love the fact neither the ACC or SEC will take West Virginia. Best bet if Big Ten wants to expand is either Rutgers or some of the Big 12 schools. Maybe sway TCU from the Big East?

Back