Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Sportspeople convicted of Crimes

I was watching the sad story about Tommy Kane who stabbed his wife/ex wife to death and was plead down to manslaughter.. He received 18 years..

Keith Wright received 114 years to life ...Plus 120 Years... 234 years plus 8 months... I understand the process and I am sure he deserves it but can't they just say

'Sentenced till you die'

My favorite, Robert Rozier (played for the St. Louis Cards.). Multiple murders, gets 10 years. Check fraud, 25 to life. Something wrong with that.

My favorite, Robert Rozier (played for the St. Louis Cards.). Multiple murders, gets 10 years. Check fraud, 25 to life. Something wrong with that.
boy that's a weird story:
In 1985, he decided to join "The Brotherhood", Yahweh's secret group, that required murdering a "white devil" and returning with a body part to join it. Rozier would admit to killing seven white people to please Yahweh.[5] He was arrested and charged with murder on October 31, 1986. After agreeing to testify against Yahweh's organization, he was sentenced to 22 years in prison. After serving ten years of the sentence, Rozier was set free in 1996.
sounds like the lesser sentence for murder was b/c of a plea deal to testify against the temple. the long sentence for check fraud was due to CA's Third Strike Law, where you get a mandatory long sentence for a third conviction, no matter how minor it may be

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah those deals..that'll get you off. Poetic justice that he got 25-life for check fraud..I did see it was a 3rd strike but I'm not familiar enough with the law to know what that actually means..with regards to longer penalties.

boy that's a weird story:
In 1985, he decided to join "The Brotherhood", Yahweh's secret group, that required murdering a "white devil" and returning with a body part to join it. Rozier would admit to killing seven white people to please Yahweh.[5] He was arrested and charged with murder on October 31, 1986. After agreeing to testify against Yahweh's organization, he was sentenced to 22 years in prison. After serving ten years of the sentence, Rozier was set free in 1996.
sounds like the lesser sentence for murder was b/c of a plea deal to testify against the temple. the long sentence for check fraud was due to CA's Third Strike Law, where you get a mandatory long sentence for a third conviction, no matter how minor it may be

The law worked well in this case.....

My cousins worked at the race track where Schlichter was regularly betting (and losing) way too much money for a college kid. Meaning they were the ones taking the money at the window.

Back