Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Just because I wanted to make a poll

As you can see I'm a half glass full kinda guy...that is until the glass cracks

First, because Green Bay is very good, but the target of Super Bowl Champs will be upon them which can make for very tough games. Plus I think Rodgers has a bad injury early in the season and is out for all but 3 or 4 games.

He could. Once you get a concussion it seems they start rolling in.

For the first time in a while I'd be surprised if the Lions finished last.

have to point out I'm a Dallas fan but from the outside looking in I voted 2nd. I think the Bears were a fluke and age is definitely going to catch them. Cutler just doesnt do it for me either, and niether do his weapons around him. The Vikings are about 4 games from being a dumpster fire IMO while the Lions have maybe the strongest core of young talent in the NFCN who isnt Green Bay. That D line may be the best in football if Fairley contributes. Offensively to me, its all about keeping Stafford standing. If he plays 16 , I could see a 8-8/9-7 season out of Detroit this year. Defensively they just need to protect against the big play.

3rd...ive learned not to be optimistic when it comes to the lions. something will go wrong. I put them at 7-9 this year. Set my expectations low so i can get pumped when/if they win 10 games this year
laugh.png

mhughes0021 said:
3rd...ive learned not to be optimistic when it comes to the lions. something will go wrong. I put them at 7-9 this year. Set my expectations low so i can get pumped when/if they win 10 games this year
laugh.png

Unfortunately for you guys, it just doesnt look good for Stafford EVER playing a full season. Iwould enjoy seeing the Lions win that division though, I hate everything about the Packers, Bears, and Vikes. Mostly because of Brett Favre and because Jay Cutler touches boys.

The good ole Super Bowl hangover bites the Pack in the ass and the Detroit Lions win the NFC North. A homer can dream anyway, right? I do think they've got a better than decent shot, I can see Green Bay coming out flat and the Lions coming out strong and building momentum that turns into a huge home field advantage at Ford Field. I see that place being a death trap for opposing teams if the Lions get off to a 4-2 or 5-2 type start. The mighty Jets were snakebitten for 3 quarters and barring some disastrous circumstances would have lost when FF got rockin last year and the Lions weren't even sniffing the playoffs.

Second with a 10-6 record...and pushing the Pack. I'm thinking they did what they needed to do in FA for the D.

I want to say second but I just can't. Not after all the years of disappointment. 3rd. I do believe this team can be in contention with GB for first, I really do.

I would say that maybe another poll like this one should be created after the upcoming preseason, BUT as we all know all too well, AND to our great dismay several years ago, the Lions performance in the preseason is obviously in no way indicative of how well the team will perform during the regular season...

::)

Back