Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Braxton to Transfer?

jwlcosu

I'm thinking yes. He was on the sideline last night (as opposed to up in the box) but he was wearing black. Tell tale sign if you ask me. The most talked about landing spots appear to be Oregon, Florida State and Duke.

I'd love to see him stay but wouldn't blame him if he pulled up stakes. Bucks are obviously loaded at QB and they have two new guns coming in 2015 class.

"The future is bright at Ohio State" - UFM 1/2/2015: :shrug:

I'm thinking yes. He was on the sideline last night (as opposed to up in the box) but he was wearing black. Tell tale sign if you ask me. The most talked about landing spots appear to be Oregon, Florida State and Duke.

I'd love to see him stay but wouldn't blame him if he pulled up stakes. Bucks are obviously loaded at QB and they have two new guns coming in 2015 class.

"The future is bright at Ohio State" - UFM 1/2/2015: :shrug:

Interesting. I don't know if he could succeed in Oregon's offense with just the off season to prepare for it. FSU...might be a good fit...not sure what they have behind Winston. Duke...no pressure there...maybe throw up some good stats.

I heard about this last week about Duke being a front-runner as a transfer destination.

What about Cardale Jones? He will play behind Barrett the rest of his career. I Wouldn't be surprised if he left as well.

On a side note, I haven't looked at any stats but I'm willing to bet a lot of money that Jones is the biggest QB in division 1. He could play on the line for some programs.

What about Cardale Jones? He will play behind Barrett the rest of his career. I Wouldn't be surprised if he left as well.

On a side note, I haven't looked at any stats but I'm willing to bet a lot of money that Jones is the biggest QB in division 1. He could play on the line for some programs.

Miller just got his undergrad so he can transfer anywhere and play immediately. If Jones transferred he'd have to sit a year and play school. I don't think that will happen. He'll be content, I think, to compete for the starting spot with JT and let the chips fall. Kenny Guiton is a legend at OSU for the stand-up way he performed his role. That ain't bad.

And yes, Cardale is huge! The guy can put on a lickin' at the end of a run.

Last edited:
Interesting. I don't know if he could succeed in Oregon's offense with just the off season to prepare for it. FSU...might be a good fit...not sure what they have behind Winston. Duke...no pressure there...maybe throw up some good stats.

I don't know why he couldn't adjust to the Oregon O. To me, he seems a damn good fit. The bigger question, I think, is his health. Shoulder injuries, obviously, are the worst for a QB. If he stays at OSU, in fact, it may be because of his shoulder. He may or may not be able to throw but Braxton would be a devastating H-back in UFM's offense.

I don't know why he couldn't adjust to the Oregon O. To me, he seems a damn good fit. The bigger question, I think, is his health. Shoulder injuries, obviously, are the worst for a QB. If he stays at OSU, in fact, it may be because of his shoulder. He may or may not be able to throw but Braxton would be a devastating H-back in UFM's offense.

It looks like a complex offense to run and with the up tempo style...it just seems that it would take a lot of time to get proficient at it. As far as his health...that is probably the biggest thing. I don't think he has a future as an NFL QB....maybe Meyer can talk him into coming back as an H-Back.

I hear FSU now, wouldn't be a bad fit.

Houston could be a dark horse, he could run up huge #s with his former OC

I hear FSU now, wouldn't be a bad fit.

Houston could be a dark horse, he could run up huge #s with his former OC

Houston makes a ton of sense. First I've heard of it, however. Herman wouldn't poach Meyer's players, obviously, but it may be there is quiet consent under the circumstances.

Back