Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

PTBN: Ruffin

this is real good. They had better options to take from us, but didn't. Very happy.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]this is real good. They had better options to take from us, but didn't. Very happy.

Not sure the options exactly but nonetheless but works out great for us.

This makes the overall price of the trade relatively steep, but I agree it's better than Smyly going.

I think we pretty much know what we're going to get with Fister. What I'm really interested in is how much we get out of Pauley. If he can put up quality numbers I'll feel a lot better about the move (not that I don't like it, that would just push me over the top).

A bit of a steep price. However Fister isnt arbitration eligible until 2013 and he isnt free agent eligible until 2016. And he is 27 so odds are he could be a Tiger for many years to come and he may be on the cheap side for at least 2 more years. So although we gave up a lot we also may have a starter that we can count on for a while.

Yeah Fister is a great addition at a cheap price. He's not a sexy name (well...he kind of is depending on your tastes lol) but he gets the job done. That's all we can ask for.

I'm glad they didn't take Smyly. I think he'll be a #3/4 starter some day.

DR said:
This makes the overall price of the trade relatively steep, but I agree it's better than Smyly going.

I think we pretty much know what we're going to get with Fister. What I'm really interested in is how much we get out of Pauley. If he can put up quality numbers I'll feel a lot better about the move (not that I don't like it, that would just push me over the top).

Pauley is one more arm to throw out there instead of Purcey....which makes about as valuable as gold.

I think Fister will do well here in Detroit, I expect him to pitch well in CP and give up 12-15 wins per year with solid overall numbers.

After Verlander, no one has been great. The rest of the rotation was allowing a lot of base runners. I know Fister is probably a 3-4, but he's the number 2 right now in Detroit. They desperately needed him. I think Seattle will get some mileage out of 2 of their guys. Probably Furbush and Wells.

Back