Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Report From The Field

jwlcosu

Momentary break in my DSF hiatus to fill you fellas (and Lady) in on how OSU's win and various other things are being processed by football fans around the country.

I was at Disneyland this weekend for the Star Wars Half Marathon. Was on site for four days and was decked out in OSU garb pretty much the entire time. If you can't wear it now, when can you wear it? Anyway, fresh off the National Championship, my choice of apparel led to lots of shout outs, encounters, conversations, etc. In some order, here's the scoop:

1. The match-up itself, OSU vs. Oregon, was loved by pretty much everyone. If the people I spoke to weren't from SEC land, they loved seeing Alabama and FSU get knocked out. The College Football Playoff is a hit.

2. West Coast fans I spoke to were way thumbs up with the Buckeye beat down. It's not that they like OSU, however. Obviously, they don't. Instead, the reason they were good with the outcome is that not even West Coasters seem to appreciate Oregon's style of play. Trust me, USC, UCLA, Stanford and Washington fans loved seeing smashmouth bash the Oregon scheme, whatever it's called.

3. Urban Meyer is The Man. People just shake their heads at what he's been able to accomplish. What can you say?

4. The B1G is Back! OSU with Meyer is a wrecking ball. Harbaugh at Michigan is a huge story. Spoke to many 49er fans that just can't believe that situation couldn't be worked out. Dantonio and MSU are well respected. You know that pendulum we refer to around here? People sense it is swinging, big time!

5. People from all four corners and flyover country love the Cardale Jones story.

6. Ezekiel Elliott is a star, stud, beast, whatever. Pick your descriptor.

And that's it. That's my report from the field.

Go Bucks! Go B1G!

Last edited:
Momentary break in my DSF hiatus to fill you fellas (and Lady) in on how OSU's win and various other things are being processed by football fans around the country.

I was at Disneyland this weekend for the Star Wars Half Marathon. Was on site for four days and was decked out in OSU garb pretty much the entire time. If you can't wear it now, when can you wear it? Anyway, fresh off the National Championship, my choice of apparel led to lots of shout outs, encounters, conversations, etc. In some order, here's the scoop:

1. The match-up itself, OSU vs. Oregon, was loved by pretty much everyone. If the people I spoke to weren't from SEC land, they loved seeing Alabama and FSU get knocked out. The College Football Playoff is a hit.

2. West Coast fans I spoke to were way thumbs up with the Buckeye beat down. It's not that they like OSU, however. Obviously, they don't. Instead, the reason they were good with the outcome is that not even West Coasters seem to appreciate Oregon's style of play. Trust me, USC, UCLA, Stanford and Washington fans loved seeing smashmouth bash the Oregon scheme, whatever it's called.

3. Urban Meyer is The Man. People just shake their heads at what he's been able to accomplish. What can you say?

4. The B1G is Back! OSU with Meyer is a wrecking ball. Harbaugh at Michigan is a huge story. Spoke to many 49er fans that just can't believe that situation couldn't be worked out. Dantonio and MSU are well respected. You know that pendulum we refer to around here? People sense it is swinging, big time!

5. People from all four corners and flyover country love the Cardale Jones story.

6. Ezekiel Elliott is a star, stud, beast, whatever. Pick your descriptor.

And that's it. That's my report from the field.

Go Bucks! Go B1G!

I've had several 49er fans come up to me (i live in NorCal) and congratulate me on my team getting their coach. Most of them seem angry and disappointed about him being gone, which is a good sign.

Back