Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hate Mail part 2

I don't jump up and down on what other people think about religion. This Board Is full of non believers and are the only ones that post stuff. Face it, you're not going to change the minds of the believers and at some point we will all know the truth

Honestly I never understood why people bash on God. I guess they get a kick out of it..

Honestly I never understood why people bash on God. I guess they get a kick out of it..

Your guess is correct in my case. I get a HUGE kick out of it.

tho FWIW, bashing the saps who believe in a god is even more fun than bashing the god they believe in.

Bash on God? Why do people bash the lakers or yankees? And this thread isn't about bashing god. It's a funny video where a guy reads hate mail. I'm sure it'd be just as funny if pat robertson was reading his.

I'm not sure how this comment is at all relevant.

I don't see anyone "bashing on god" at all. Dawkins is reading actual emails people wrote to him, and sort of making fun of them. Which does not equal "bashing on god".

As far as my comment about tsmith, that was just a name drawn out of a hat so to speak, of all the guys on the board who would be likely to have the same general opinions of an atheist/evolutionist. If it pleases you, you can replace the name tsmith with KAWDUP, MitchRapp, Food4thought, goblueinatlanta, Byco, jwlcosu, etc.

As far as my comment about tsmith, that was just a name drawn out of a hat so to speak, of all the guys on the board who would be likely to have the same general opinions of an atheist/evolutionist. If it pleases you, you can replace the name tsmith with KAWDUP, MitchRapp, Food4thought, goblueinatlanta, Byco, jwlcosu, etc.

How many of those guys do you suspect don't believe in evolution?

How many of those guys do you suspect don't believe in evolution?

Depends on your definition of evolution.

I would strongly suspect almost all of the names I posted believe the first man was created by god from dust, and the first woman from the man's rib.

EDIT: Also their belief or non-belief in evolution is not really the issue, just the opinion they might have of a person like Dawkins.

Last edited:
EDIT: Also their belief or non-belief in evolution is not really the issue, just the opinion they might have of a person like Dawkins.

That's what I was getting at. Of all the people that believe in evolution, without knowing of any stat or looking anything up, I feel safe guessing the clear majority are theists.

...and probably the majority of the people you named believe in evolution.

Last edited:
The point is, thumb..when do I ever call out an atheist? I don't post something about an atheist doing shit. It doesn't do anything for me..

At least michchamp is honest..gotta give the little fucker props for that.

The point is, thumb..when do I ever call out an atheist? I don't post something about an atheist doing shit. It doesn't do anything for me..

At least michchamp is honest..gotta give the little fucker props for that.

When was this about you?

The fact is it's (video/OP) not even making fun of anyone except people who are insulting someone else to begin with so your whole argument is misguided.

You make the claim that people always "bash on god" but in this situation, it's the other way around. The Theists are attacking the Atheists in that video Mitch, yet somehow you are the wounded one here?

That's what I was getting at. Of all the people that believe in evolution, without knowing of any stat or looking anything up, I feel safe guessing the clear majority are theists.

...and probably the majority of the people you named believe in evolution.

Again, it all goes towards the part of my post you edited out of the quote, that the definition of evolution means very different things to different people.

As far as the people I named, they are free to post clarifications if I assumed incorrectly.

When was this about you?

The fact is it's (video/OP) not even making fun of anyone except people who are insulting someone else to begin with so your whole argument is misguided.

You make the claim that people always "bash on god" but in this situation, it's the other way around. The Theists are attacking the Atheists in that video Mitch, yet somehow you are the wounded one here?

Because you lumped my name in with everyone else.."of all the guys on the board who would be likely to have the same general opinions of an atheist/evolutionist."

Just setting the record straight..

Because you lumped my name in with everyone else.."of all the guys on the board who would be likely to have the same general opinions of an atheist/evolutionist."

Just setting the record straight..

Okay then. I thought you were still going on about the post you made at #4 in this thread.

the definition of evolution means very different things to different people.

Actually, I almost made my response about that idea instead.

How does it mean different things to different people? It's a pretty well defined theory. I think the majority of the people you listed would sign on to the definition you find in biology textbooks. I'm not sure what other meanings you're talking about.

I'm not sure how this comment is at all relevant.

I don't see anyone "bashing on god" at all. Dawkins is reading actual emails people wrote to him, and sort of making fun of them. Which does not equal "bashing on god".

I'm guessing that you haven't a fucking clue what I believe . . . about atheists or evolution. If you did, you wouldn't make such asinine comments all the time.

Back