Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jon Stewart Stepping Down From the Daily Show

Wow. Didn't somebody joke about him retiring recently on his show? I wonder if they knew. I'd like to see jason jones and his wife take over together.

I think Jones and Sam Bee would do well. I just hope they bring in somebody that is as good as Jon is at interviews. He is great at being fair but pointing out how hypocritical some of his political guests are. His last interview with Huckabee is a perfect example.

I think Jones and Sam Bee would do well. I just hope they bring in somebody that is as good as Jon is at interviews. He is great at being fair but pointing out how hypocritical some of his political guests are. His last interview with Huckabee is a perfect example.

Agreed. Not really a huge fan of the larry willmore show. It's okay, but nowhere near the level of colbert. The daily show replacement has to be good and stay somewhat true to the format.

I haven't got into Wilmore either. He has had some funny stuff but nothing great. The format seems like a watered down Bill Maher. I thought John Oliver did ok when he took over for a couple of months. I haven't seen Seth Meyer's new show so I am not sure how he is as an interviewer but he did alright on SNL's Weekend Update.

Well Crap.

I started a thread like this on the politics page.

My bad.

I haven't got into Wilmore either. He has had some funny stuff but nothing great. The format seems like a watered down Bill Maher. I thought John Oliver did ok when he took over for a couple of months. I haven't seen Seth Meyer's new show so I am not sure how he is as an interviewer but he did alright on SNL's Weekend Update.

Yes to Oliver. I was surprised when he wasn't Colbert's replacement. Have you seen Last Week Tonight? He can carry a Daily Show.

ya screwed up. this is a TV show. it belongs on the TV tab.

I don't know if we need all these distinctions. It's not that big a board. If we had 1 junk drawer for all the non-sports, non-NCAA stuff, I think we'd have less clicking to do.

I don't know if we need all these distinctions. It's not that big a board. If we had 1 junk drawer for all the non-sports, non-NCAA stuff, I think we'd have less clicking to do.

I like how it is now.

I'm used to it. if they go and move things around again, I'm going to get pissed. I'm like one of those old people that won't settle for a new TV when the old one breaks, I want the same one.

I just always - or almost always - click on the New Post tab.

Back