Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Austin Hatch

They just updated http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/austinhatch/journal

"We continue to be optimistic that Austin will make steady ( but slow) progress. Most days bring new and positive evidence. We are engaging close family members in the therapy process. We are extremely grateful for all of the prayers and support of so many wonderful people through this website and by other means. Through you all, the Lord has and is providing great strength to Austin and us."

I guess I am more worried about him mentally. Yes I hope he can play for U of M becausehe sounds like a really great kid but priorities.

yes a lot of fortitude on his part but i think his family, coaches and friends are there

seems like family has strong strong faith

i have beenr eading all the weekly updates too

welcome michlady!

As for Austin, it's terrible. I don't know if I'd ever fly again, so I can't blame him if he doesn't want to play CBB. Second crash, correct? It's unthinkable.

Good update!

"Austin is well underway with his a-maize-ing comeback. Although his recovery will be long and difficult, his progress causes us to rejoice and hope. A few highlights from the past week are:

-So far Austin prefers chili rather than hamburger or ravioli

-Austin sang 'Hail to the Victors' with us

-Austin is working hard on his mobility skills

'Team Austin' includes a wonderful group of therapists who push him hard and all of us celebrate his success. Austin and his family are especially mindful of all his classmates and the entire Canterbury family as they returned to school today."

It doesn't look like they mentioned the context of when they sang the song. Maybe they were watching a game or a highlight or something.

Either way, I'm guessing that singing 'Hail to the Victors' with his family had more to do with keeping Austin focused on his goals and getting better than easing our minds.

DR said:
Either way, I'm guessing that singing 'Hail to the Victors' with his family had more to do with keeping Austin focused on his goals and getting better than easing our minds.

true.

it just sounds strange. "Hey Austin, I know you almost died and you're still hurt, but let's sing 'Hail to the Victors'! That should cheer you up!"

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
DR said:

true.

it just sounds strange. "Hey Austin, I know you almost died and you're still hurt, but let's sing 'Hail to the Victors'! That should cheer you up!"

Yes, if someone actually said that to him, that would be strange.

Back