Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Over/Under Fister tonight

Push, over, over. Its Texas so less than two runs could be tough.

from the game preview;

Fister, who received an average of just 1.97 runs of support with the Mariners, went 0-7 in his last 10 starts despite holding opponents to a .229 average -- the 12th lowest mark in the AL since June 4.

Fister, though, has experienced mixed results against Texas (61-49). The right-hander threw eight scoreless innings during a 3-1 loss to the Rangers on May 2, 2010, and limited them to one run over seven frames of a 2-1 win Sept. 19, but has yielded a combined 16 runs in his other three starts versus Texas.

Tigers have done good vs. harrison.

You would think Tigers will score some runs for Fister tonight. Not sure what to expect in first start for a new team.

I will post a game thread unless someone else has/had plans to do.

also on wednesdays, from just after 5pm, I usually am gone for a few hours for cigar night with a few old friends of mine.

A KC preview to start the day. Good day to be a Tigers' fan.

Woooooooooooooooo!!

Texas is a potent offense, so I think if he goes 7 innings and gives up only 4 earned runs that will be a good night.

He's a horse though. Not in the Verlander mode but he averages 7 innings a game.

As posted late in last nights game thread, get ready for Raburn/mudhen at 2nd base tonight. Fister as a contact and ground ball pitcher might need a couple of 4 out innings with Tigers infield defense.

Weird...Harrison, tonight's LH starting pitcher for Texas, is doing much better this year against righties than lefties. .236 vs .293. He's .281/.269 on his career.

Not that subbing for Guillen is a platoon situation, since Carlos is pretty equal against both. Betemit on the other hand is about 30 points lower against LHP for his career and 60 points lower this season.

As a team, #Tigers are hitting .323 with 33 runs, 20-2B, 1-3B and 8 HR vs. the #Rangers this year.

Fister has pitched more against the Tigers this year than the Rangers
(2 to 1). Gave up 4 ER in 7.2 innings vs Tex in July.

Glad to see Death Roh here.
I will have to check the members link, looks like additional posters from Tigers/Lions/Redwings message boards have come here.

Right back at you KC. Having you here gives me hope this board will be more than a flash in the pan.

Back