Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Corey Emmerton battling for final forward spot

I'd prefer Johnson, to be honest. I'm not incredibly familiar with either, but Johnson has pretty good speed and is known for being a pretty good penalty killer, I think.

Emmerton's done pretty good so far. Small sample size, I know. I;d rather keep a young, prospect we developed than a free agent, all things being equal.

tsbilly said:
Emmerton's done pretty good so far. Small sample size, I know. I;d rather keep a young, prospect we developed than a free agent, all things being equal.

Emmerton did look good.

I wonder who is coming out when Eaves can play?

Yea I was at the game yesterday and Emmerton looked solid. He was playing very smart in his own end, didnt turn the puck over and took advantage of his playing time..thats the most important thing for a young player.

I think when eaves gets back it will be swapping with miller,emmerton, or even homer..I think holmstrom playing on the 4th line shows that Babcock is slowly weening him out of PT. I wouldn't be surprised to see Babs treat homer like they did Maltby - rest him 1/2 games per week.

JimRice said:
tsbilly said:

Emmerton did look good.

I wonder who is coming out when Eaves can play?

I think it will be Holmstrom. I read somewhere (can't remember where) that Babcock planned on Holmer playing around 60 games this season.

Back