Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Young Earth and more

I have to ask, how does one randomly stumble on to something like that?

Also, why didn't that guy mention radio-carbon dating of fossilized remains during his sermon?

I was mainly curious as to how people know they're worshipping the right god...how does one distinguish their god from another god? I was hoping to find something more in depth than "we just know".

This popped in a Google search, the creationist stuff was just an added bonus.

I like how they give half sciences - only partial truths so that they can make their points. And there's nothing like one old book's prophecies coming to fruition in a newer book and calling it a miracle. Simply amazing logic. Oh and the "miracle" listed at the end. Wow.

I was mainly curious as to how people know they're worshipping the right god...how does one distinguish their god from another god? I was hoping to find something more in depth than "we just know".

This popped in a Google search, the creationist stuff was just an added bonus.

Yeah, if you ask a Christian why their god is right, they usually give bible quotes, say "because I've felt him", or claim that it just makes more sense. I've had one Christian actually tell me he believes the christian god is real because so many people follow him. When I tried to tell him that Most of the world either followed a different god or no god at all, man...he was pissed. End of conversation.

"The comets we see are made up primarily of rock and ice. They are basically “dirty snowballs.” Now each time they circle our sun, part of them is blown away by the solar wind, thus giving them a tail. Now, with the amount of material they lose each time they circle our sun, it is estimated that none of them could exist for more than 10 thousand years, yet they are here."

So no "new" comets are ever formed in our Milky Way galaxy?

The present comets were never much larger?

"just and inch or so. That means it used to be closer. Now, if you go back a few thousand years, that’s no big deal, but if you go back 1/5 as long as they say the universe has been around, the moon would have been so close to the earth that our gravity would have broken it into pieces, which would be circling our planet like the rings of Saturn."

I am not aware of anyone (sane) claiming that Earth is anywhere nearly as old as the universe. much less our solar system, much less the Milky Way galaxy.

So Moon has been always moving away from Earth @ a constant rate of speed? What proof is there of that assumption? No one knows how Moon was formed, or from whence it came.

The creationist spin on that website makes me dizzy...heh!!

"The comets we see are made up primarily of rock and ice. They are basically ?dirty snowballs.? Now each time they circle our sun, part of them is blown away by the solar wind, thus giving them a tail. Now, with the amount of material they lose each time they circle our sun, it is estimated that none of them could exist for more than 10 thousand years, yet they are here."

he may want to re-check his math on that estimate. probably a simple mistake.

Time theoretically slows down, the closer the approach to the speed of light, so maybe the universe is really even older than it is already estimated to be (~13.82B years).

I believe that comets are really galactic "sperm" seeding planets with the necessary ingredients to spawn life.

See? I can spin shit to serve my purposes too!

Back