Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Letterman's final show

Michchamp

Slated for May 20th!

that's a Wednesday. It'll be tough, but I'm going to stay up to watch it.

Colbert doesn't replace him until September. I'll stay up to watch the premier of that as well.

I consider both men to be world champion heroes.

Letterman could have left 10+ years ago and I wouldn't have missed a thing. I get why Champ likes him and Colbert though.

I'm not even curious about who the guests will be.

Never been a fan of Letterman. Leno was okay when I was younger, but his comedy really dried up. Colbert will be a great host...I just hope the Letterman writers are gone and Colbert makes the show his.

Letterman, great in the 80s decent until early to mid 90's then completely obsolete. Ive tried to watch a few the last couple years and didnt crack a smile once. Kind of like making joe montana play into his 50s, should have been gone a looooong time ago.

Meanwhile Letterman and Obama do a final jig together near the end for both.

Letterman asks Obama what he's looking forward to once out of office.

Obama names a few things but doesn't include joining the club Formers club with his predessors.

Which to me would be like the bitchinest thing about ever having been POTUS to
begin with.

That said maybe Obama doesn't like any of them very much.

Meanwhile Letterman and Obama do a final jig together near the end for both.

Letterman asks Obama what he's looking forward to once out of office.

Obama names a few things but doesn't include joining the club Formers club with his predessors.

Which to me would be like the bitchinest thing about ever having been POTUS to
begin with.

That said maybe Obama doesn't like any of them very much.

I don't know. I suppose it would be fun hanging out with Bill C. ... assuming Michelle/the wife doesn't keep him/one on a tight leash.

but why would one ever want to be seen with George W. or H.W.? I'd rather visit a nursing home and sing xmas carols than hang with those guys. W. doens't even drink.

I don't know. I suppose it would be fun hanging out with Bill C. ... assuming Michelle/the wife doesn't keep him/one on a tight leash.

but why would one ever want to be seen with George W. or H.W.? I'd rather visit a nursing home and sing xmas carols than hang with those guys. W. doens't even drink.

I don't drink and my friends never complained. I'm a riot. You're not one of those who think you have to drink to have a good time are you?

W has a folksy way of telling amusing stories, drinks or no.

After every one of his stories, I'd laugh and say in a fake Country Boy accent, "Aww, heck, you know that last story was even funnier than 100,000 dead bodies in Iraq!"

He'd either laugh too, and say, "Huh huh, yeah, wasn't that great?"

or

he'd get offended, and the Secret Service would throw me out.

I may be drunk ma'am, but you're an idiot ...

...And by morning, I'll be sober.

I looked it up... Late Night with David Letterman premiered Feb. 1, 1982. He surpassed Johnny Carson's record of 30 years a couple years ago.

However, the host of the longest running show is Rabi Lamichhane, a Nepalese-American who hosted a show for 62 hours straight:

"Lamichhane began the show on Thursday, aiming to clear up what he said was a misunderstanding over the birthplace of Buddha."

That's serious business.

Back