Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

USA 0 Sweden 0 Final

biggunsbob

Group game # 2.. A win and we clinch a knock out stage game ..

Last edited:
Both teams paying tight defense.. USA has had 2 golden chances to score in the second half Sweden has had one really great chance..

Nothing settled in the Group after two games yet :/
..................................w-d-l
USA................4 points. 1-1-0
Australia..........3 points. 1-0-1
Sweden...........2 points. 0-2-0
Nigeria............1 points. 0-1-1

Last group game
USA verses Nigeria.
Australia verses Sweden.

Last edited:
What a boring match. This is why I can never fully embrace soccer. 0-0...give me a break. Make it a smaller field/pitch (maybe half its current size) and have 5 on 5. Scoring goes up. Then actually stop the clock during injuries and throw ins. And then at least you don't have to wonder how long those extra 4 minutes at the end of the game will be - will they be 4 minutes and 6 seconds or 4 minutes and 40 seconds?

I'll always support the national teams during the world cup and olympics, but that's about as far as I go.

What a boring match. This is why I can never fully embrace soccer. 0-0...give me a break. Make it a smaller field/pitch (maybe half its current size) and have 5 on 5. Scoring goes up. Then actually stop the clock during injuries and throw ins. And then at least you don't have to wonder how long those extra 4 minutes at the end of the game will be - will they be 4 minutes and 6 seconds or 4 minutes and 40 seconds?

I'll always support the national teams during the world cup and olympics, but that's about as far as I go.

I think it is nearly unwatchable

Well to be fair, you can't exactly watch WOMEN'S soccer and hope to see high standards of impressive play.

You should have watched the champions league final for good play. The United States women's team in particular is lagging behind the rest of the world in playing with any kind of flair.

Our team is aging and seems slower then it once was. I love soccer and watch the EPL lot so I do wish we could find a way to get scoring up.. At least our women are one of the best teams in the world unlike the men.. But our team does have a rock solid defense in the back line and a really great goalie even if she is a dickhead off the field.. Hopefully we can win it all but i agree we need to play better...

No offense to our female teams, but it is a slower brand of futbol. Watch the USA vs Germany, or USA vs Netherlands game and tell me that's boring. Men's soccer is so sharp. You don't often have those snoozers.

Back