Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Pga

tinselwolverine

We have so little golf discussion that I figured just a single PGA thread is enough for all the golf we'll post about forever.

So the 2015 US Open...

That is one ugly ass dried out golf course there in the State of Washington.

Also this tournament is going to finish late in the Eastern time zone. My directory says 10:30 there.

The leaders don't even tee off until 6 PM Eastern today.

Last edited:
i thought it was a great tournament, felt badly for DJ with the 12ft 3 putt with everything on the line, just devestating.

as far as chambers bay goes, i'd love to play it once but i don't think it's worth of a US open. it was really goofy golf, everyone had to play the same course and you ended up with a good leaderboard but i don't think that's a fair test of skill.

Also, in agreement about the course. The US Opens, for the most part, are hard. I've seen winning scores that were over par. But this seemed a bit gimmicky. Not one of my favorite courses to watch on TV..

Plus they had horrible camera work this week, especially the first two days. On a putt the camera was so far away I could barely see it..I enjoy it more when it's on the PGA Network, Thursdays and Fridays. Oh btw, the announcers sucked. And Greg Norman, did he shrink? Maybe it was the chair he was sitting in but he looked like a small old man.

Bear in mind Fox sports is fairly new to covering golf tournaments.

That said I couldn't really tell a difference in the quality of camerawork.

The course itself was ugly but the surroundings there on Puget Sound was spectacular.

Crap I forgot all about it.. looks like a good finish and looks like Golf has a new star. Golfers do not win the masters and the US open in the same season very often.. I think there is only like five or six who have ever done it... very cool..

Bear in mind Fox sports is fairly new to covering golf tournaments.

That said I couldn't really tell a difference in the quality of camerawork.

The course itself was ugly but the surroundings there on Puget Sound was spectacular.

Yes, very beautiful.

I guess I'm just used to close up views on putts. Maybe it's my eyes. But the look of the greens by default made it tough to see.

We have so little golf discussion that I figured just a single PGA thread is enough for all the golf we'll post about forever.

So the 2015 US Open...

That is one ugly ass dried out golf course there in the State of Washington.

Also this tournament is going to finish late in the Eastern time zone. My directory says 10:30 there.

The leaders don't even tee off until 6 PM Eastern today.

I loved everything about the course except for the greens. The different colored grass made the ball hard to pick up. I also loved the late starts and late finishes. I was able to play 18 holes in the afternoon and still watch the end of the tournament. I wish every US open was played on the west coast!

I actually like watching golf on the east/midwest/south. Watch golf early and by 3 it's over and I have the rest of the day for other stuff/family.

I actually like watching golf on the east/midwest/south. Watch golf early and by 3 it's over and I have the rest of the day for other stuff/family.

It's never over by 3. Usually the tournaments are getting done in the late evening hours...sometimes near dark if there are extra holes.

It's never over by 3. Usually the tournaments are getting done in the late evening hours...sometimes near dark if there are extra holes.

Out east, sure. But in Arizona TV coverage the first two days is done by 2 or 3. Weekends, a bit longer.

Out east, sure. But in Arizona TV coverage the first two days is done by 2 or 3. Weekends, a bit longer.

oops...I forgot you lived out west. Not sure how I would like watching sports out west. I would definitely hate noon or 1PM college or NFL games. 7PM weekday baseball games would suck too. That said...I HATE when the Tigers play out west and have a 10PM start time. Sunday and Monday night football would be great out west.

oops...I forgot you lived out west. Not sure how I would like watching sports out west. I would definitely hate noon or 1PM college or NFL games. 7PM weekday baseball games would suck too. That said...I HATE when the Tigers play out west and have a 10PM start time. Sunday and Monday night football would be great out west.

Hard, and confusing, at first. But I enjoy 10am NFL games (11am once the clocks change) and the night games are really cool. 4pm start for the Tigers, so there's still night left when the games are over. And no midnight Sunday night NFL anymore..

Of course it makes the London game pretty much impossible.

Jordan Speith seeking to join Jack Nicklaus, Nick Faldo and Tiger Woods on the list of winners of back to back Masters Championships.

That there is some pretty rarified air....

I haven't seen a Masters that was this hard, I expect the wind, in some time. He was 18 under last year. I haven't seen so many double and triple bogeys ..

With that being said, not a fan of Speith and I pretty much like everyone.

McIlroy also came into the day chasing a huge milestone, the career grand slam - although he's played himself into some trouble today.

Speith looks like he just hit himself out of some trouble on 17.

Back