Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

USA 2 Germany 0 Final

biggunsbob

#1 Germany and it offense verses #2 USA and its defense..

Hope the US can score enough goals, it's offense has been unimpressive so far.

Team looks stronger offensively with their younger line-up in my opinion..

The Germans have looked ruthless this tournament. I would be very surprised if the US won this match.

The French were all over Germany and looked the better team for most of the match. If not for a inadvertent hand ball by the French and a late penalty shot the would have won in regulation. For what its worth playing Germany is better then playing the more athletic french girls in my opinion. Although I do think both were playing a tad better then the USA the German's are coming off a grueling extra overtime session and the USA was sitting 2 starters who now come back rested. At least I thinks that is good for us even if I have said we looked better with the younger girls.. Hopefully our back line stays solid and defense wins the day..

Last edited:
USA starters.
POS No Name
G
1 Hope Solo
D
4 Becky Sauerbrunn
D
11 Ali Krieger
D
19 Julie Johnston
D
22 Meghan Klingenberg
M
12 Lauren Holiday
M
14 Morgan Brian
M
15 Megan Rapinoe
M
17 Tobin Heath
F
10 Carli Lloyd
F
13 Alex Morgan
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Germany starters

NE-UP
POS No Name
G
1 Nadine Angerer
D
3 Saskia Bartusiak
D
4 Leonie Maier
D
5 Annike Krahn
D
22 Tabea Kemme
M
6 Simone Laudehr
M
11 Anja Mittag
M
16 Melanie Leupolz
M
18 Alexandra Popp
M
20 Lena Goessling
F
13 Celia Sasic

Hope we play good!!!! Go USA!!!!

Last edited:
USA with a very good shot on goal that was saved..

Major collision head to head.. Germany player gets a nasty cut.. USA player off for possible concussion.. No subs yet..

Last edited:
USA all over Germany right now..

5th corner coming up..

Last edited:
Morgan cannot finish again after a great move. Net wide open. Bad angle she should have looked to pass..

Germany lucky to have it 0-0 at halftime but that is the way soccer goes...

7th USA corner coming up.. Team just cannot finish and convert..

Last edited:
Germany gets a penalty shot.. Bad news for us.. Girl pulled down..
Johnson's first bad play ..

Last edited:
Back