Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Lawrence Frank hire

I hear ya. He was my sentimental pick, but I don't blame Joe at all for going with the (relatively) safe pick. He's probably done if this one doesn't work out.

get rid of Joe D and there go half of the problems.

I won't put up nearly as big of an argument as I would have a couple years ago, but I will say that Bill Davidson passing on really hurt this franchise, and Dumars' hands have been tied for the last couple years regarding who he could hire as a coach and other personnel moves.

No doubt it's been brutal watching this franchise disintegrate though..

I've always liked Frank..I dont think he's a coach that will exactly will a team to the finals but then again, other than Phil and a hand full of others in the last 20 years, who can? In the NBA the inmates run the asylum in most cases and it will be up to the GM n players to bring the Pistons back to relevance. You can have one of the most terrible coaches in the league (Mike Brown) but add just 1 super star talent (Lebron James) and you can head to the finals. Frank is a good coach and with the right guys, he can get the job done. If they fail, it wont be because of him.

i still laugh when i think about the lakers hiring brown. what a joke!

Wouldnt matter if they got Phil Jackson to coach this team. Theyll be a bottom feeder until they can strike gold in the lottery. Terrible contracts will handcuff this team until Rip, CV, Gordon, Prince are gone. Were starting ben freakin wallace in the middle for crying out loud. When stuckey is one of your only bright spots....thats not good. I like monroe ...but thats about it.

Prince is a free agent. He's likely gone.

Hopefully Brandon Knight turns out to be a good one.

at least they got a guy with actual head coaching experience...more than we can say for the last two guys.

the roster is terrible.....but meh....no season anyway

thats how bad the pistons are....even the years they should be a contender for the #1 pick and help themselves out in the lottery....there ends up being no season and they get jacked.

mhughes0021 said:
thats how bad the pistons are....even the years they should be a contender for the #1 pick and help themselves out in the lottery....there ends up being no season and they get jacked.

would be interesting to see how the draft plays out.

I really liked what Frank had to say in the presser. It's hard to be optimistic about this team though with this roster and the lockout. Brandon Knight will be a stud though. Calipari has been putting great PGs in the NBA like weeds the past few years.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]get rid of Joe D and there go half of the problems.

I agree. Past two years mistake after mistake.

I just think Joe D. does not want any of the other bad boys to take his thunder. I really don't like the hire. if i was the new owner i would have fired Joe Dumars also.. But I do hope he turns it around. i do not think this team is as far off as people think... But I wanted Bill as the new coach.

I just dont see Bill as an NBA coach. That intimidator type of attitude just doesnt seem like a fit. It would be nothing but bad relationaships with players, head butting all the time etc... I dont think that style works with the players of today unless you've already coached for an extended period of time at the NBA level and have the proven track record. I dont htink he'd last long.

Beez said:
I just dont see Bill as an NBA coach. That intimidator type of attitude just doesnt seem like a fit. It would be nothing but bad relationaships with players, head butting all the time etc... I dont think that style works with the players of today unless you've already coached for an extended period of time at the NBA level and have the proven track record. I dont htink he'd last long.

Maybe not but exactly what this team needs.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
Beez said:

Maybe not but exactly what this team needs.

I think he'd be gone in 2 years and the Pistons would be right back to square 1. Jusy my opinion.

Right. The absolute, clear cut, #1, most important thing this franchise needs.....stability. No wonder this team hasn't created the identity we want, or any identity at all. There's a new coach every two years, and that's no exaggeration.

Back