Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Chad Henne

Monster

Forum Manager
Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Sacramento Kings
Michigan Wolverines
Detroit Pistons
He got booed at practice today by fans that were chanting "We want Orton!"

You know, I never really loved the guy like I did Griese and Brady, but now that he's in the NFL, he's one of my favorite players. I guess that's kind of backwards, but I think he has the talent to succeed.

Chad Henne is one of my favs. He played hurt, never cried and put up numbers. He lost some big games n couldnt beat OSU but I dont put that on him. I know he's the qb so he shoulders more than others but there were a lot of talented guys on that team who didnt beat OSU. i think thats the main reason he didnt sit well with some Michigan fans. Shit Navarre beat Ohio State but I would GLADLY take Henne all day over him. lol

After his freshman year I was really excited about him and thought he would develop into a great qb. Didn't seem to live up to his potential, but still the guy came back for his senior year so you have to give him respect and admiration for that. I hope he is successful in the NFL.
Go Blue!

Statistically ( Passing Wise / No offense Denard ) he was the best QB ever to wear wings.

I am not saying he was a bad qb. Just that he didn't develop as much as I had hoped he would.

I have a feeling that kid played hurt a lot more than people were made aware. He was a tough kid. I'm a bbig Chad Henne fan for the way he played at UM which is saying a ton seeing as he never won a championship or beat OSU.

Yeah, he should have broken every single Michigan record that way he could have met you're expectations.

As a big Chad Henne supporter while he was at UM and facing criticism, and as a Dolphins fan, I have a pretty good perspective on this one.

The Dolphins would be foolish if they weren't hedging their bets and trying to find someone to compete with Henne for the QB job. I do believe he could be a solid starting NFL quarterback, and he is still relatively early in his career, but the negatives (way too many picks and in big situations, tendency to always check down) outweigh the positives at this point.

My hope is that the change in OC will benefit him greatly. While I was happy with Dan Henning's tenure with Miami as a whole, he didn't change much of the offense when they switched from Pennington to Henne. Obviously those two have very different skill sets.

It remains to be seen how many of Henne's problems last year were from being asked to be what he is not (a short, precision passer), from still adjusting to the NFL game in just his first full season as a starter, or because he's just not going to cut it. Either way, Miami can't afford to wait another year to see what the answer is.

Of course what the Dolphins fans are doing is just stupid. They're notorious for being morons at training camp, and this is just another example.

Yeah thats what I thought. You've waited forever for football, its finally here and before your team even has a full week of practice under their belt you're out there booing the starting qb? Great way to motivate the team and show support. If the kids 1-4 and throwing picks left n right, go right ahead. At least give him a fighting chance this year. I wonder if the Orton rumors and trade talk werent swirling like they were, if fans would have reacted the same way to Henne this preseason.

how many years are left on his contract with the fins?

his best bet might be a trade

I don't think the Broncos are going to trade Orton at this point, anyways. Not unless the Dolphins up their offer quite a bit.

you can, however, have Tebow -- and hey, he loves Florida!

bigvic said:
I don't think the Broncos are going to trade Orton at this point, anyways. Not unless the Dolphins up their offer quite a bit.

you can, however, have Tebow -- and hey, he loves Florida!

Id take Tebow in a second.....he instantly gives your team credability with god. Injuries and fumbles would be a thing of the past.

Yes I agree with the fans he's not the best QB in the NFL. But he's not a bad QB. Why not try to build the young guy up to be better then what people think he will be. They just got to give him a chance

MichChamp02 said:
how many years are left on his contract with the fins?

his best bet might be a trade

He'll be a restricted free agent next year.

Unless they do make another move for someone like Orton, I think he's best off staying in Miami. I highly doubt Moore will beat him out...this would be one of the few QB battles he'd be the favorite in.

Beez said:
....I wonder if the Orton rumors and trade talk werent swirling like they were, if fans would have reacted the same way to Henne this preseason.

Probably not to this degree, but he's been taking a pretty good beating since mid last year.

Ahh, I didn't see that Miami signed another QB yesterday, Kevin O'connell. You'd that that officially closes the door on going after Orton. The job is Henne's to lose.

I liked Henne on the field. Great arm, intelligent, kept his head under pressure. The problem I saw was that he didn't take control of the team. Some guys are vocal leaders, some lead by example. I believe your QB needs to be a vocal leader. (Glad to hear Denard has been doing exactly that this summer.) When Henne went pro I told a friend that he wouldn't be a starter long-term because of his reticence to take over.

Back