Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Braylon

thewolverines24

I can't believe he hasn't signed anywhere yet. The teams I am seeing interested now are the 49ers, Redskins, and Cardinals. Cardinals may not have the money for him and I really don't want to see him go to either the 49ers or Redskins. They are both terrible and have awful QBs. I'm starting to wonder if he will ever play with a good QB...

My guess is that he winds up in AZ as a 'replacement' for Breaston and to draw some coverage away from Fitzgerald. Thought it wouldn't be a shock if Harbaugh wanted to grab him for SF.

I agree..AZ has room to spend and need another threat. Could actually be a nice offense if the line holds up. Kolb,Fitz,Braylon,Heap. They could also afford to bring in a guy like BJE from New England who was productive. I'm hoping Dallas goes and gets him. Felix cant handle a load and if he does go down, I'm not expecting Tashard Choice to carry it either. Both are good change of pace backs though.

bigvic said:
My guess is that he winds up in AZ as a 'replacement' for Breaston and to draw some coverage away from Fitzgerald. Thought it wouldn't be a shock if Harbaugh wanted to grab him for SF.

AZ is the only decent option of those three teams and Kolb is still a question mark. He hasn't proven anything yet. 49ers and Skins are just terrible. Harbaugh has a ton of work to do to make them a good team.

Beez said:
I agree..AZ has room to spend and need another threat. Could actually be a nice offense if the line holds up. Kolb,Fitz,Braylon,Heap. They could also afford to bring in a guy like BJE from New England who was productive. I'm hoping Dallas goes and gets him. Felix cant handle a load and if he does go down, I'm not expecting Tashard Choice to carry it either. Both are good change of pace backs though.

BJE is not a free agent and, according to NFL sources, AZ does have money issues when it comes to signing Braylon.

On AZ wanting another WR: "The Cardinals know they need another one and are looking around. They'd like Braylon Edwards, but the issue is money -- there is only so much each team can spend." - Adam Schefter

I'd take him for my Donkeys, but a John Fox system is more about TE's than WR's and we're pretty deep there now ....for the $$$$ BE would get anyways. Plus, wait ...the pre-season always results in guys going down. BE could wind up in a very good bargaining position after pre-season game #1

He is wasting time he needs to hurry up and practice. It's not helping with him going out to night clubs and acting like someone stole his phone. Who gets on Twitter during a fight lol?

Yeah, his rap sheet may be a bit of an issue or turnoff now. Someone stole my phone and tweeted ....please.

That's not necessarily true -- how can you assume that given this year's FA frenzy?! He's not a #1 bit he's not a scrub either but I haven't heard anything to indicate he's holding out for a payday. Like I said earlier, an injury to a key WR in the pre-season and demand goes through the roof.

Because he's a good player so he wants his just do's. And with the cap I don't know, he'll get paid but nothing like his ex-teammate from the jets.

He's provably worth close to that. Just the wrong year I think.

I think he would have had a long term contract by now but he is his own worst enemy. he could be facing issues with the comish thanks to his DUI. Then tweeting about the bar fight and he has a very entitled attitude. If I were his agent I would tell him to stay home and STFU.

bigvic said:
Yeah, his rap sheet may be a bit of an issue or turnoff now. Someone stole my phone and tweeted ....please.

I've always been a huge fan of Braylon, but he is making it more and more difficult to remain a fan of his. He needs to grow up.

TheWolverines24 said:
Beez said:

BJE is not a free agent and, according to NFL sources, AZ does have money issues when it comes to signing Braylon.

On AZ wanting another WR: "The Cardinals know they need another one and are looking around. They'd like Braylon Edwards, but the issue is money -- there is only so much each team can spend." - Adam Schefter

My mistake..I could have sworn I saw he was unless New England signed him back or something. Honestly I would even be happy with a cheap Tim Hightower signing.

Unbelieveable college player. As a pro, meh. He's turned into a clown, and it's very sad.

Beez said:
TheWolverines24 said:

My mistake..I could have sworn I saw he was unless New England signed him back or something. Honestly I would even be happy with a cheap Tim Hightower signing.

He was a restricted free agent this year and he signed back with NE. No clue on the details of his contract.

Braylon Edwards - WR - 49ers 49ers agreed to terms with WR Braylon Edwards on a one-year, $3.5 million contract.
It's more confirmation that the Niners are worried about Michael Crabtree (foot), who is a candidate to miss the first six games of the season on reserve/PUP. Edwards settled for a one-year, "prove-it" deal after finding an extremely soft market due to off-field concerns and questions about his passion for football. He gives the Niners a deep threat with a 15.8 career yards-per-reception average, although Alex Smith won't capitalize on Edwards' vertical speed. Perhaps rookie Colin Kaepernick will a month or two into the season. Consider Edwards a WR4/5 in fantasy leagues. Crabtree is almost undraftable at this point. Related: Michael Crabtree, JetsSource: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Called it! Michigan Man takes care of another and BE/Crabtree/Vernon D is pretty solid for SF

Back