Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Star Wars hits a billion in 12 days

I'm not surprised. Halfway through the movie I was already thinking about when I could go back and see it again. So much better than 1-3.

I saw the first three when they first came out-I was in high school when the first one debuted.

Never saw any of the second three; I don't expect I ever will and I don't expect LC this one.

Never saw one of the Star Trek movies either.

None? Not even the one with the whales?

Whales?

That's a joke, right?

Natalie Portman looks like she was probably pretty hot in her Star Wars space get up, but I can see her in other stuff.

Last edited:
star treks II & IV are worth seeing, even if youre not a Trek fan.

although IV might be tough to understand at first w/out the backstory of 3.

at least see II if you haven't seen any. so many great points.

and the soliliquy from Ricardo Montalban's Khan near then end... "from Hell's heart, I spit at thee"... some damn good writing there. Bill Shakespeare himself would say "this is worthy of Bill Shakespeare's time."

I would not recommend anyone over the age of 12 waste their time watching Star Bores. but Ive also never seen/read Harry Potter, the hunger games, twilight, or any "teen/young adult" fiction so what do I know?

I would not recommend anyone over the age of 12 waste their time watching Star Bores. but Ive also never seen/read Harry Potter, the hunger games, twilight, or any "teen/young adult" fiction so what do I know?

Haven't read any; saw parts of some of the Twilights when the wife had it on TV.

Didn't read the Hunger Games but have seen the first three and I'll watch the 4th one when it comes out on Netflix.

That said, I would watch Jennifer Lawrence and Elizabeth Banks peel shrimp.

I've wondered this, though - what's the difference between Star Trek and like, the super hero kinda movies you tend to bag on?

Aren't they kind of the same thing?

Leonard, Sheldon, Raj, Howard and Stewart seem to like all of them...

star treks II & IV are worth seeing, even if youre not a Trek fan.

although IV might be tough to understand at first w/out the backstory of 3.

at least see II if you haven't seen any. so many great points.

and the soliliquy from Ricardo Montalban's Khan near then end... "from Hell's heart, I spit at thee"... some damn good writing there. Bill Shakespeare himself would say "this is worthy of Bill Shakespeare's time."

Star Trek is unwatchable to me.

Until JJ made the last two entertaining.

Last edited:

I've wondered this, though - what's the difference between Star Trek and like, the super hero kinda movies you tend to bag on?

There's a difference between "fantasy" aka superhero stories, and "science fiction."

& i dont care what those guys like or do. i wouldn't want to be any of them.

There's a difference between "fantasy" aka superhero stories, and "science fiction."

Raj comes from a monumentally wealthy family and he was once named by People magazine as one of the 30 most fascinating up and comers, or something like that - I think he discovered a new star, or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPZNPQDB6LE

Howard was a NASA astronaut.

And Leonard is married to Kaley Kuoko look alike.

She also looks like that daughter of the priceline guy, the guy who was the first Kirk on Star Trek.

Last edited:
I don't care. I'm still happy being me.

Kaley Cuoco is overrated anyway.

Whales?

That's a joke, right?

8659b26e9bc1919a9d166f200f27693c0f5d7238.jpg

This question reminds me of this letter floating around about Blade Runner.

http://www.blastr.com/2013-3-26/read-philip-k-dicks-1981-letter-predicting-blade-runners-impact

There's more to science fiction than just being fantasy set in space or in the future. Science fiction tries to portray reality given future technology and tries to predict how things will change. That's the core thing that it's about. Maybe not a universally accepted definition, but I think you can argue that Star Wars is not science fiction. It has science fiction elements, but you could tell the same story as medieval fantasy and the lack of futuristic technology would not change things.

I'm so far behind. There's a 2nd page already.

Back