Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Smashing Success

G

From previous experience, and from a prior mass exodus from ESPN I can say this forum is a very, very solid alternative.

Now, if you want condescending and insulting opinion you can opt for the hardcore "insider" forums on other boards, where participants blast one another for actually having an opinion.

It may take some heavy lifting, but honestly I bet at least 100 regs from ESPN would re-locate here if given the chance and .....notice to do so.

~V

Thanks man! I'd invite more of the posters from the Michigan board, but honestly I don't post often enough there to get most of the regulars. There's probably been at least 30 from that board that have signed up over here, but I don't expect them to turn into regulars here until August 15th.

The thing that makes those boards work is regulars that are the news junkies. They post news quickly and that's why people want to be there, because it's a great source for news.

Over 50 sign up and some serious discussion in just two days is not too bad. Its got off too a great start. Nice job monster.

Did you see how big that Tigers game thread was? Pretty impressive for less than 48 hours.

I love the simplicity of the board. Quick load times, pretty sharp.

I hear ya, Monster and am not slamming those boards --- it's just some of those posters are over the top intense and not very fun to interact with.

Then, on the other hand, you go to CBS and see the thread at the top titled, "What's the difference between RR and Hoke" ---- seriously?!

I think our ESPN board had balance and hope this becomes the new "local hangout!"

Hell yeah Vic...sure it'll be nice to head over to espn every now and then and crack heads, but I see this as a much more well rounded posting experience without a lot of the bs..or should i say, bullshit, we had to put up with.

Back