Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

If Chris Rock Asked Me to Write His Intro Joke to this Year's Academy Awards...

tinselwolverine

I would write "ya'll white racist mothah fuckahs, I got some bad news, and some good new...first the bad news...you gonna be seein' me up on this motha fuckin' stage all night - BUT - the good news is...I'm the only mothah fuckin' black person ya gonna see!"

I would write "ya'll white racist mothah fuckahs, I got some bad news, and some good new...first the bad news...you gonna be seein' me up on this motha fuckin' stage all night - BUT - the good news is...I'm the only mothah fuckin' black person ya gonna see!"

Actually - there is no chance that it isn't going to be a modification of that...

WTF? I had not looked at the Oscar nominations till I read your thread. I thought Will Smith and the Concussion film were both getting talked up as potential Oscar nominees. I haven't seen it, but the clips sure made those projections seem legit.

Does Goodell have enough power/influence to contact the Academy and tell them to make sure it didn't get nominated??? Or was it not as Oscar worthy as once thought?

WTF? I had not looked at the Oscar nominations till I read your thread. I thought Will Smith and the Concussion film were both getting talked up as potential Oscar nominees. I haven't seen it, but the clips sure made those projections seem legit.

Does Goodell have enough power/influence to contact the Academy and tell them to make sure it didn't get nominated??? Or was it not as Oscar worthy as once thought?

I haven't seen concussion, but one reviewer said that you forget that it's Will Smith. However, while Smith's performance is being talked up, I think I also read that outside of the real world implications, just as a movie, the film is not that great and the elements they crammed into it to make the story more like a movie are obvious and shoehorned in.

Back