Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

CAP

schles192

As of 8/4 in the am we are 7.8 mil over. Looks like staff will get a nice payday with a restructure. Not a big deal really just wanted to laugh at the raiders who are 12 mil over with no good players to resructure.

How'd we get 7.8 over? Those numbers we all saw before free agency must have been off.

It's not really that big of a deal. You just move some money around. Restructure a few deals. Thats what Lewand gets paid for.

Yeah I know. Just curious is all. I just want some FOOTBALL.

Not sure how, listening to sirius and they said shefter tweeted 7 teams over with Det being one of them. They also said any team over would have any contract that caused them to be over would be voided. Maybe this is Al's plan to undo that routt contract.

I don't get it....don't we still have to cut down to the final roster?

Yeah but I doubt that saves much of the cap. Either way it'll work itself off.

Caps made of top 51 salaries, so I doubt any camp cuts will have much of an impact.

schles192 said:
As of 8/4 in the am we are 7.8 mil over. Looks like staff will get a nice payday with a restructure. Not a big deal really just wanted to laugh at the raiders who are 12 mil over with no good players to resructure.

Expect Richard Seymour to redo his contract _$15 million base _ and save the Raiders $11.2 million of cap room.

Not 100% on this but I don't think he can restructure his deal since he just signed it.

I thought there were about 6 million in exemptions that allowed us to go over the cap? Hmm, in any case, I thought they should have left the cap where it was and slowly brought it down to this level. Now teams are scrambling to get up to the minimum cap and down to the max.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]I thought there were about 6 million in exemptions that allowed us to go over the cap? Hmm, in any case, I thought they should have left the cap where it was and slowly brought it down to this level. Now teams are scrambling to get up to the minimum cap and down to the max.

i think its 3 something...not 6. Avrils contract ended up being 2.6....i thought his tender was 3 something too. saves a little bit.

We can restructure Staffords roster bonus to a signing bonus and save about 6 million. Not worried. They didn't restructure earlier because I believe Stafford couldn't practice if they restructured. Now we can restrucutre him.

schles192 said:
Not 100% on this but I don't think he can restructure his deal since he just signed it.

The Raiders got under the cap by restructuring Stanford Routt and Richard Seymour, saving them $17.2 million of room.

They restructured a couple contracts to get under. Mayhew wouldn't say who. No surprise there.

Back