Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Coach K is a douche

Sbee

Lecturing an Oregon player for celebrating after hitting a late 3 after the game was decided. The game was out of hand but duke was pressing with 30 seconds left, I don't have a problem with the guy shooting in that situation. If the losing team is going to play hard the winning team can too.

Also, what do you think K would say if abother coach lectured Grayson Allen after tripping someone twice in the same game?

meh. it was a pretty mild thing he said, but he should know better. He's no John Beilein, that's for sure

it was worse he denied saying it, but he came clean now, and sounds like he apologized to all concerned.

nothing really dooshy about that. in fact, quite the opposite.

Duke had conceded the game; the only thing it was pressing for was the exit. Don't know where anyone could get the notion that Duke was playing hard at the end. Brooks shoots the three and preens at the Duke bench. K says something and Brooks seemed contrite. The End.

Coach K recruited Chris Webber from Detroit Country Day but not Jalen Rose from Detroit Southwestern.

What a douche.

Last edited:
Coach K recruited Chris Webber from Detroit Country Day but not Jalen Rose from Detroit Southwestern.

What a douche.

Clearly Rose was not Duke material. He did not fit the profile. He was not "one of them." Clearly K is a racist and an elitist.

If I were a coach I'd have a problem with another coach lecturing my player. Leave discipline up to the coach of said player, if you have a big problem, maybe say something to that coach. It's not as if Duke's players set a great example of good sportsmanship this year

That thing was pretty minor and it's probably a non-issue if Oregon is able to run out the clock completely. I think Brooks was probably torn being letting the shot clock expire or just putting up a prayer (which he probably didn't expect to go in, and unfortunately did). It's like not he dribbled in and threw up an alley-oop to Boucher.

Brooks was wrong to put up the shot there but it was an understandable goof. Coach K could have let it go, but what he said to him was far from harsh. I agree lying about it and then getting busted on it by the cameras wasn't too good.

Last edited:
That thing was pretty minor and it's probably a non-issue if Oregon is able to run out the clock completely. I think Brooks was probably torn being letting the shot clock expire or just putting up a prayer (which he probably didn't expect to go in, and unfortunately did). It's like not he dribbled in and threw up an alley-oop to Boucher.

Brooks was wrong to put up the shot there but it was an understandable goof. Coach K could have let it go, but what he said to him was far from harsh. I agree lying about it and then getting busted on it by the cameras wasn't too good.

This was directed at the Duke bench after the shot ...

517385544.jpg
... and I think this is the real issue for K.

Last edited:
Back