Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Department of Justice investigating satellite Camp bans

Has the DOJ solved all the other issues in the world already? Must be so.

Has the DOJ solved all the other issues in the world already? Must be so.

among current scofflaws, it's a lot easier to go after the NCAA than Wall Street.

plus a lot of DOJ lawyers probably know once they walk through the revolving door, they'll end up on Wall Street or a law firm that represents them; don't piss in the pool you hope to swim in.

still I don't mind them going after the NCAA; they're dirty too. who knows what other crap a probe could uncover?

Was it them who investigate FIFA? I have forgotten.

Was it them who investigate FIFA? I have forgotten.

yep. the DOJ are basically the prosecuting attorneys for the federal government.

you violate a state or local ordinance (for example assault, robbery, selling drugs on the street, murder) the county district attorney charges you in state court.

you violate a federal law (like wire fraud, drug trafficking across the border), the DOJ will charge you in federal court. if the crimes are high profile, involve foreigners, or foreign organizations like FIFA, it's typically brought by the DOJ's Wash DC office, which is the main office.

yep. the DOJ are basically the prosecuting attorneys for the federal government.

you violate a state or local ordinance (for example assault, robbery, selling drugs on the street, murder) the county district attorney charges you in state court.

you violate a federal law (like wire fraud, drug trafficking across the border), the DOJ will charge you in federal court. if the crimes are high profile, involve foreigners, or foreign organizations like FIFA, it's typically brought by the DOJ's Wash DC office, which is the main office.

Thanks MC..

Back