Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Mysterious planet 9 in news again

crackpots continue to be proven correct over time once again, somehow our acient ancestors knew this...we are a species with amnesia continuing to discover what was long ago lost..imo

Last edited:
Anything is possible. I am sure I will remember it after another snack lol. .can't wait till they really do find it.

I can't wait for the day when ruins are dug up on Mars, it will happen eventually only question is when and if We'll still be here to see it

Do you guys watch the Nature of the Universe series? They talk about all aspects of what we believe we know. Very worthwhile series if you get the chance.

Some of the pictures from dark side of the moon are very interesting. Makes some very bold observations.

Edit: Sorry it is "How the Universe Works" on the Discovery channel.

Last edited:
Yeah its a very good series . I haven't watch every episode by try to catch as many series about space as possible on discovery and science channel .

crackpots continue to be proven correct over time once again, somehow our acient ancestors knew this...we are a species with amnesia continuing to discover what was long ago lost..imo

:nuts:

Yes! I can always count on michchamp to validate. I think I spealt ancient wrong also I meant to say ancient not acient. .. ancient as in possibly hundreds of thousands of years ago, well that's just preposterous, because... cuz...that's not what I was taught in school or what the our current leading scientific theory tells me! thanks crackpot.

The new trek is out today I think i'm going to go see it.

Last edited:
yes, because science discovers new things and old things are disproven occasionally, we should really start to listen to the crackpots.

what could go wrong?

yes, because science discovers new things and old things are disproven occasionally, we should really start to listen to the crackpots.

what could go wrong?

Exzactly! I agree...occasionally. Lol...occasionally :lmao:

On a far less grand scale, I bet there are interesting lost technologies/lost knowledge out there. You can see miniature versions of it just in our own lifetimes. I'm fairly certain phone quality was better a few decades ago. Even if you use land lines today, you sometimes get crappy audio or worse, your own voice echoed back at you. In designing machinery, there's definitely lost art. What about Damascus steel? An 8th century product with nanotubes in it and we don't know how it was made.

No, I don't believe we've lost anything like telekinesis or knowledge of aliens or anything like that, but I'll bet we have lost quite a bit more than the average person would guess.

On a far less grand scale, I bet there are interesting lost technologies/lost knowledge out there. You can see miniature versions of it just in our own lifetimes. I'm fairly certain phone quality was better a few decades ago. Even if you use land lines today, you sometimes get crappy audio or worse, your own voice echoed back at you. In designing machinery, there's definitely lost art. What about Damascus steel? An 8th century product with nanotubes in it and we don't know how it was made.

No, I don't believe we've lost anything like telekinesis or knowledge of aliens or anything like that, but I'll bet we have lost quite a bit more than the average person would guess.

there's definitely a lot of history, and technological history we're ignorant of.

stuff like this.

i was also reading an article in national geographic a while back about a pre-historical battleground discovered in Germany, with a shockingly large number of human remains found. they extrapolated, based on the number of dead & number of artifacts found, that several thousand combatants were involved. they were surprised because they had assumed the logistics needed to coordinate and supply armies of this size didnt exist in prehistoric times.

so we can probably assume that a lot has happened we dont know about. entire empires might have come and gone. without electronic communications and ways to preserve information, much of the knowledge of evidence wouldnt spread beyond a local area & could be easily destroyed.

but of course this is still no reason to engage in wild speculation about ancient aliens, angels, gods, supernatural phenomena, or listen to the rantings of the borderline insane, etc. etc. everything can still be explained by perfectly natural, observable physics, mathematics, chemistry, astronomy, biology & so forth.

there's definitely a lot of history, and technological history we're ignorant of.

stuff like this.

i was also reading an article in national geographic a while back about a pre-historical battleground discovered in Germany, with a shockingly large number of human remains found. they extrapolated, based on the number of dead & number of artifacts found, that several thousand combatants were involved. they were surprised because they had assumed the logistics needed to coordinate and supply armies of this size didnt exist in prehistoric times.

so we can probably assume that a lot has happened we dont know about. entire empires might have come and gone. without electronic communications and ways to preserve information, much of the knowledge of evidence wouldnt spread beyond a local area & could be easily destroyed.

but of course this is still no reason to engage in wild speculation about ancient aliens, angels, gods, supernatural phenomena, or listen to the rantings of the borderline insane, etc. etc. everything can still be explained by perfectly natural, observable physics, mathematics, chemistry, astronomy, biology & so forth.

I remember reading about that mechanism. Cool stuff.

Also, the engineer Hero.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hero_of_Alexandria

I remember reading about that mechanism. Cool stuff.

Also, the engineer Hero.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hero_of_Alexandria

I've read about Hero. I wonder how history would be different if his steam engine & steam power had become more widely & practically used in the Roman Empire. I'm not sure if they had the ability to engineer boilers and what not though regardless.

and maybe it wouldn't matter because without guns there was no good way for them to reliably beat barbarian cavalry, and the barbarians could just come sack their towns and villages, and ruin all their shit. and the discovery and use of gunpowder was still ~1000 years away. yay for guns!

What one man calls wild speculation another calls exploring all possiblites and not ruling anything out just becuase we can't fully understand or comprehend it..

The new trek was pretty good, I recommend it

Back