Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Steve Jobs Dies

tinselwolverine

Dominating the media now; I first heard when I went to walk my dogs and turned on Erin Burnett.

As I post this his life is being chronicled on CNN and CNBC.

MichChamp02 said:
[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]Dominating the media now; I first heard when I went to walk my dogs and turned on Erin Burnett.

As I post this his life is being chronicled on CNN and CNBC.

you watch Erin Burnett???

what do you think of this: http://www.theatlanticwire.com/business/2011/10/cnns-erin-burnett-sympathetic-wall-street/43407/

The Atlantic shouldn't throw stones though, since they employ Megan McArdle...

I've watched Erin Burnett for years on CNBC.

As far as Burnett being "sympathetic to Wall Street" - I really don't have a reaction to that - she's from CNBC - what does anybody expect?

Someone on CNBC just referred to Steve Jobs as having been the "greatest Buddhist marketer of all time..."

He was pretty good - but I would have to give Buddha the nod for that title.

so you watch her with the understanding that she is strongly biased in favor of the financial industry, more or less nothing more than a mouthpiece for Wall Street?

MichChamp02 said:
so you watch her with the understanding that she is strongly biased in favor of the financial industry, more or less nothing more than a mouthpiece for Wall Street?

I don't specifically know what a "mouthpiece for Wall Street" is; and I don't view "Wall Street" a singular and united entity with a specific hierarchy and dogma like a religion or a government, but that said, yeah, she worked at Goldman, and she was at CNBC for years - she's primarily a business and financial journalist.

Yes, I do understand that.

Back