Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Datsuyk #3 Lidstrom #12 and Zetterberg #15

tbone413

www.ctvmedia.ca/tsn/releases/release.asp?id=14304&yyyy=2011

3 wings in the top 50.

Here is the entire list...I think its OK - but I think that Lidstrom should be ahead of Chara..

1. Sidney Crosby C Pittsburgh
2. Alexander Ovechkin LW Washington
3. Pavel Datsyuk C Detroit
4. Daniel Sedin LW Vancouver
5. Henrik Sedin C Vancouver
6. Steven Stamkos C Tampa Bay
7. Corey Perry RW Anaheim
8. Jonathan Toews C Chicago
9. Martin St. Louis RW Tampa Bay
10. Zdeno Chara D Boston
11. Shea Weber D Nashville
12. Nicklas Lidstrom D Detroit
13. Ryan Getzlaf C Anaheim
14. Tim Thomas G Boston
15. Henrik Zetterberg C Detroit
16. Ryan Kesler C Vancouver
17. Eric Staal C Carolina
18. Jarome Iginla RW Calgary
19. Brad Richards C Rangers
20. Rick Nash LW Columbus
21. Anze Kopitar C Los Angeles
22. Evgeny Malkin C Pittsburgh
23. Drew Doughty D Los Angeles
24. Patrick Kane RW Chicago
25. Claude Giroux C Philadelphia
26. Zach Parise LW New Jersey
27. Duncan Keith D Chicago
28. Pekka Rinne G Nashville
29. Joe Thornton C San Jose
30. Carey Price G Montreal
31. Chris Pronger D Philadelphia
32. Ilya Kovalchuk LW New Jersey
33. Bobby Ryan LW Anaheim
34. Henrik Lundqvist G Rangers
35. Patrick Sharp C Chicago
36. Ryan Miller G Buffalo
37. Danny Briere C Philadelphia
38. Mike Richards C Los Angeles
39. Patrick Marleau LW San Jose
40. Keith Yandle D Phoenix
41. Roberto Luongo G Vancouver
42. Loui Eriksson RW Dallas
43. Ryan Suter D Nashville
44. Jeff Carter C Columbus
45. Matt Duchene C Colorado
46. Marian Hossa RW Chicago
47. Tyler Myers D Buffalo
48. Nicklas Backstrom C Washington
49. Dan Boyle D San Jose
50. Jeff Skinner LW Carolina

Hard to be the best player when you are sitting on the sidelines. And I agree, if they are going to rank Chara, Weber and Lids right in a row, give the man with the Norris the top spot.

Canadians picked a Canadian #1 over Europeans?

Shocker.

This list is kinda BS. How is Crosby number 1, he hasnt seen the ice in forever. I live in DC and see Caps games often and think that Ovechkin is a great player but he isnt number 2 in the league he is a one way player that has good stats because he is the guy. Datsyuk is the premier two way player. In my mind a great offensive and defensive player should top the list but its hard arguing with number 3. Also Lids is way to low. He is the best defensemen in the NHL and a top 10 player.

MI_Thumb said:

Shocker.

No shocker. In the playoffs, Crosby's team has been to two finals and won a cup while Ovechkin's teams have gone up like a fart in the whirlwind

tsbilly said:
MI_Thumb said:

Shocker.

No shocker. In the playoffs, Crosby's team has been to two finals and won a cup while Ovechkin's teams have gone up like a fart in the whirlwind

So what?

Datsyuk is so underrated. Ovi and Crosby don't play very good defense. They are just great goal scorers, which is only 1 element of a complex game.

MI_Thumb said:
tsbilly said:

So what?

So who cares what your numbers in the regular season. It's all about the playoffs. The Capitals have all the talent needed to go deep into the playoffs. Obviously there are some performance/leadership issues with the Capitals and Ovechkin is the leader of that team.

motown1958 said:
This list is kinda BS. How is Crosby number 1, he hasnt seen the ice in forever. I live in DC and see Caps games often and think that Ovechkin is a great player but he isnt number 2 in the league he is a one way player that has good stats because he is the guy. Datsyuk is the premier two way player. In my mind a great offensive and defensive player should top the list but its hard arguing with number 3. Also Lids is way to low. He is the best defensemen in the NHL and a top 10 player.

You gotta love Lidstrom, but he isn't the best defensman in the league anymore by any stretch. He might be the best offensive defenseman still and the best on the power play, but the other premier defenders have passed him by.

Back