Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Dark Souls

Mitchrapp

Northern Michigan Wildcats
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Anyone playing or played the last game? I just got a copy sent from Game Fly, try to fit it in before Batman and Elder Scrolls V

:)

[flash=350,287:pvl716vd]http://www.youtube.com/v/JZ-Gbb0hRjE&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:pvl716vd]
</td><td valign="top">
<iframe src="http://images.proboards.com/banners/300x250_14.html" width="300" height="250" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
</td></tr></table>

I got the Collectors Editions and strategy guide, but am debating on whether I want to Ebay it or actually play it..

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]Should have gotten Dead Island instead.

Isn't that FPS? I hate FPS games.

Finished dead island last week on the 360. Fun hack and slash, like how you can jump in and out of other peoples games.

That DS trailer has me intrigued, let us know how it is.

Dead Island was good for the first half of the game. But it just got repetitive and just couldnt wait for it to be over.

Just got Dark Souls in the mail tonight. With the game on probably won't get a chance until tomorrow. Hope it plays well.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Just got Dark Souls in the mail tonight. With the game on probably won't get a chance until tomorrow. Hope it plays well.
You're going to die alot..

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I always do with games.
No I mean this game is hard as hell.. It's pretty much one of the hardest games on PS3/360.. It's suppose to be old school difficulty.

I must be doing it right because I'm dieing a lot.

6 hours of game play so far, frustrating as hell. When you die you keep on having to go through the same damn places to advance. It makes it less fun for me. I don't mind hard but frustrating hard is different. Not particularly happy with the camera or controls. Fortunately it was through a rental so no full price.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]6 hours of game play so far, frustrating as hell. When you die you keep on having to go through the same damn places to advance. It makes it less fun for me. I don't mind hard but frustrating hard is different. Not particularly happy with the camera or controls. Fortunately it was through a rental so no full price.
It's hard, but I actually like it a lot.. This game requires a bit of grinding to get to the next part and I'm all for it.. You just have to explore and prepare yourself for each little part and be VERY patient and you'll eventually advance.. I agree the camera is iffy at times, but the controls are excellent and the issues with the camera isn't different from any similar game that I've played... PLus you can summon allies to help you on bosses, granted some invading players will come in at times to try to take you out, but that adds an extra element to the gameplay that's quite fun.. I think this and Demons Souls are very underrated games..

The problem I have with the Controls is the combat looks clumsy. When I swing my sword, looking straight at a sketeton and bam I miss and hit the wall instead :) . If I want grind I'll play an MMO.

I know I didn't give it much time but killing 35 guys, die - kill same 35 guys etc to get to the next part. Ouch. Nothing new I suppose because Uncharted you might have to kill the same guys over and over if you die. But I enjoy that more :) . And with being that this is gamefly I wanted to get it back quickly to get my next game, Batman. Maybe when I get more time.

Back