Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Don't overlook the Royals

bdemil1

My first new post on this board. Anyway, the Royals scare me. They have some good young players and if we win 2 out of 3 that would be awesome.

bdemil1 said:
My first new post on this board. Anyway, the Royals scare me. They have some good young players and if we win 2 out of 3 that would be awesome.

Glad you made it here bdemil.
The royals farm is starting to pay dividends, but the starting pitching will keep them from going past .500 this year, next year or two for sure.
I think their farm and the rays are tops.

I like the Tigers chances of taking at least 2 of 3 with Porcello v. Paulino tomorrow and Verlander v. Duffy Saturday.

problem with the royals is they grow some great in house talent but then chose to trade it all away all the time. Nothing will change with that team until they decide to pay some of their players to keep them.

kgdetroit said:
I like the Tigers chances of taking at least 2 of 3 with Porcello v. Paulino tomorrow and Verlander v. Duffy Saturday.

Fister, Penny, Porcello lined up to face the tribe in the series following that scares me a bit more. Could see that lead evaporate kinda quick if we dont see much run supposrt that series.

mhughes0021 said:
kgdetroit said:

Fister, Penny, Porcello lined up to face the tribe in the series following that scares me a bit more. Could see that lead evaporate kinda quick if we dont see much run supposrt that series.

Agreed, especially since we're gonna see Masterson and Jiminez. :-/

Jimenez in the AL. I sill say Fister is the better pitcher.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Jimenez in the AL. I sill say Fister is the better pitcher.

Could be, I'm interested to see how he looks against Texas tomorrow. I know he was dominant away from Coors this year with an ERA around 2 and a half if I remember correctly. Add the standard of around +1 to that ERA with an NL to AL switch and he should be around 3.5. Not bad, but not great.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Jimenez in the AL. I sill say Fister is the better pitcher.

I agree...I will admit, when talks of getting UJ I was wanting him, but now I feel we have the better pitcher. I think UJ will need some time to get used to the AL

Plus, If reports were correct, they wanted a ton. I heard, Porcello, Turner and Boesch.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Plus, If reports were correct, they wanted a ton. I heard, Porcello, Turner and Boesch.

Yea seriously what were they thinking...maybe they didnt want to do business with us. Correct me if I am wrong but the tribe didnt give up close to what they were asking from us

I don't know. know nothing about the tribe minor league system.

There's not a hookers chance at the Manoogian I would pull the trigger on that deal...

Thanks KC. The 1B will love playing there but the pitching prospects will hate it :)

kgdetroit said:
There's not a hookers chance at the Manoogian I would pull the trigger on that deal...

quick story on Manoogian, My late dad worked for him back in the late 40's and early 50's when Alex Manoogian owned Masco Screw Products.
He said he was a snob and walked around like a Indi-European land baron big shot, never said a word to the workers. Made his millions and became a philanthroper.

Its the mansion where the Mayor of Detroit resides while in office. Kwame supposedly had a stripper named Strawberry killed after she "performed" for him and his guests and Mrs. Kilpatrick walked in and proceeded to try to brain her with a coffee table leg. Hence my previous post
grin.png

kgdetroit said:
Its the mansion where the Mayor of Detroit resides while in office. Kwame supposedly had a stripper named Strawberry killed after she "performed" for him and his guests and Mrs. Kilpatrick walked in and proceeded to try to brain her with a coffee table leg. Hence my previous post
grin.png

What the..

Only the baddest of the bitches could have the mind set to rip the leg off a table n beat someone into submission...just sayin.

Back