Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Braylon a niner

mhughes0021

Braylon Edwards - WR - 49ers 49ers agreed to terms with WR Braylon Edwards on a one-year, $3.5 million contract.
It's more confirmation that the Niners are worried about Michael Crabtree (foot), who is a candidate to miss the first six games of the season on reserve/PUP. Edwards settled for a one-year, "prove-it" deal after finding an extremely soft market due to off-field concerns and questions about his passion for football. He gives the Niners a deep threat with a 15.8 career yards-per-reception average, although Alex Smith won't capitalize on Edwards' vertical speed. Perhaps rookie Colin Kaepernick will a month or two into the season. Consider Edwards a WR4/5 in fantasy leagues. Crabtree is almost undraftable at this point. Related: Michael Crabtree, JetsSource: Adam Schefter on Twitter

All theses players signing these one year contacts. Hoping to get that big payday next season I guess.

good pick up for them....Harbaugh the Michigan Man brought in some alum

slick said:
good pick up for them....Harbaugh the Michigan Man brought in some alum

I saw they added Carlos Rogers and Donte Whitener to their secondary too. Some nice additions late for their team. that Franklin loss is going to hurt though....

If Braylon is looking for a bigger pay day I dont get signing with the 9ers. Their QB situation is a mess and when your a WR you need a QB to get you the ball. It may have been his only choice but if the Zona option was there I think it would have fit him better.

How far did Braylon Edwards fall? Deal with 49ers is 1yr, $1M, with no guarantees. Only reaches $3.5M max with 90 catches/Pro Bowl. Yikes

It's all his attitude and his off the field actions. Gone are the days where it doesn't matter what you do off the field. Teams have to be very carefull with character risks.

Back