Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

We're Trashing the Artic. Literally

Well then get up there and clean it up.

I do the best I can with recycling, and alas the Artics are out if my reach.

Jesus wtf is wrong with you or did Jesus say it's ok to dump on the planet ?

Last edited:

Apparently I have made too much light of a serious situation. As for recycling: I do so weekly. So it's not my glass Kombucha bottles that are collecting in the Arctic Ocean.

Last edited:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ope-franciss-full-document-on-climate-change/

In the 192-page paper released Thursday, the pope lays out the argument for a new partnership between science and religion to combat human-driven climate change ? a position bringing him immediately into conflict with skeptics, whom he chides for their ?denial.?

The pope prefers to travel the way regular people travel as often as he can.

If the pope was to take the Amtrak from union station in downtown Los Angeles to San Diego, he would travel via the ARTIC.

EDIT: it's true though, the ARTIC, like many significant travel hubs, is a filthy place, and hard to keep clean. I often hear stories about homeless and transients and indigents sort of converging there and basically making it a shit hole.

Last edited:
Apparently I have made too much light of a serious situation. As for recycling: I do so weekly. So it's not my glass Kombucha bottles that are collecting in the Arctic Ocean.

Yes I think you dId and that is why I said what I said. I would be so curious to talk to Jesus today in the 21st century and I would ask him if he would be on board with profits over people ?
Before you say this has nothing to do with this post the new admistration is going to try and roll back as many environmental regulations they can in favor of jobs and profit? So where does the almighty stand ? Pollution ,people, jobs, faith ? How can we make it all work so everyone benifits and we save the planet for the next generation?

Last edited:
Yes I think you dId and that is why I said what I said. I would be so curious to talk to Jesus today in the 21st century and I would ask him if he would be on board with profits over people ?

Of course not. And neither am I. And you can talk to Him, whenever you like. Be mindful, though that His "kingdom is not of this world."

Before you say this has nothing to do with this post the new admistration is going to try and roll back as many environmental regulations they can in favor of jobs and profit?

I do not know how you could possibly know that this is what I am going to say, unless you are omniscient.

So where does the almighty stand ? Pollution ,people, jobs, faith ? How can we make it all work so everyone benifits and we save the planet for the next generation?

God is not pleased with us in a general sense, and the fact that we capriciously trash His creation is one reason why, but only one of a legion reasons why.

That building looks very sleek.

I've taking the Amtrak a couple of times to Angels Stadium when the Tigers were playing, but that was a ways back in time, before the ARTIC was built.

Apparently people aren't availing themselves of the shops and the dining there, as the people of Anaheim who approved its finance and construction believed there would be, but instead for some inexplicable and incomprehensible reason are simply going from one mode transportation to the next, or heading over to Angel Stadium or the Anaheim Pond.

Of course not. And neither am I. And you can talk to Him, whenever you like. Be mindful, though that His "kingdom is not of this world."

I do not know how you could possibly know that this is what I am going to say, unless you are omniscient.

God is not pleased with us in a general sense, and the fact that we capriciously trash His creation is one reason why, but only one of a legion reasons why.

No I cannot talk to him because all that is just talking to myself. But that is just me. Maybe others get answers.

BVM for one. She's been saying this for centuries. We are not listening.

I don't know man. By just about every measure we're doing better than ever and since there so many wonderful and terrible things happening, it's tough to get a grip on the net, but I'm more of an optimist. God loves His creation.

I don't know man. By just about every measure we're doing better than ever and since there so many wonderful and terrible things happening, it's tough to get a grip on the net, but I'm more of an optimist. God loves His creation.

Of course he does, including us. But can you categorically state that He is not offended by our aggregate behavior? I think so, and so does The Blessed Virgin Mary (so I'll believe her) but His infinite mercy and patience is our safeguard, but we are not then, ever, to presume that for our selves.

Back