Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Weight - Loss - Diet

meditatedkickaboxa

[flash=350,287:1698q05i]http://www.youtube.com/v/Gv3vEXy_EwU&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:1698q05i]
</td><td valign="top">
<html><head><title>Banner</title><style>html, body {margin:0;padding:0;}</style></head>
<body>
<script type="text/javascript">
var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");
var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);
if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)
{
if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)
document.write('+']');
else
document.write('+']');
}
else
{
document.write('');
}
</script>
<noscript>

</noscript>

</body>
</html>

</td></tr></table>

To those of you that may be curious, this could be a life saver.

Started a new diet this morning, I did the FATSICKANDNEARLYDEAD juice fast and dropped from 245 to 228 lbs in about a week. I felt a lot better and tried to go on a normal diet after but it was once extreme to the other and didn't work for me.

Today I am starting it again but mixing in mostly fruit and veggies instead of just juice, It should be easier to maintain. My wife (Skinny Pilates / Yoga Teacher) started an new menu of only whole foods, vegetables, fruits, nuts, rice, tea, water. Pretty much anything that grows in a tree or the ground.

I will let you know how it goes, if you are interested.

I think the juice reboot is good if you have strong enough will power to not eat for weeks (I didnt) But I am not 100 lbs over weight either.

It sucks to be this far out of shape giving my ripe age of 36. But I have had many surgeries. (2) Right Shoulder, (1) Left Shoulder, Left hip scope, Rt Hip Replaced (got the new BHR Hip out of Europe), 2 heart surgeries (Electronic issues), Left hand, and have a rare for of blood cancer (That is in remission).

It is weird being in such poor health from not eating right, and doing stupid sheeeet. Even though I seemed to be healthy and strong. I was in the Army, which tore up my hips, I boxed and did mma, and fought the Milwaukee, Chicago, Detroit, and GR GG circuit, fought full contact Muay Thai, and here I sit all fucked up.

Hopefully I can stop the bleeding now and get back to being healthy. I started boxing again, and slowly working into Thai workouts, can't touch BJJ again until I am farther out from my last should surgery.

Today I am 6ft2 245 lbs give or take, and feel tired all of the time. I know the 1st days will suck escecially since football is on and beer and chicken wings are out of the diet.

But my doc says it is better to be alive and healthy than FATSICKANDNEARLYDEAD.

I do have the full DVD if anyone else wants me to send it out. Like I said it could be a life saver for yourself or someone you know.

that's gotta suck, but I guess your doc was probably right about it being better than dying.

Meditatedkickaboxa said:

Hopefully I can stop the bleeding now and get back to being healthy. I started boxing again, and slowly working into Thai workouts, can't touch BJJ again until I am farther out from my last should surgery.

How rough is boxing/boxing workouts? I don't really want to go through another surgery for a sports injury and I also can't really show up to work with a black eye or fucked up face. They usually provide padded helmets, right?

I've been wanting to take it up for a long time. I tried a martial art last summer, but I didn't really like all the rolling and tumbling that was required... that's not really my thing. I REALLY don't like rolling, tumbling, somersaults, etc. I just want to feel more comfortable taking and delivering punches and build coordination.

I found a place in Chicago that seems tailored more to professionals looking to blow off steam, i.e. it's not some YMCA for street toughs to beat the shit out of eachother under supervision.

MichChamp02 said:
Meditatedkickaboxa said:

How rough is boxing/boxing workouts? I don't really want to go through another surgery for a sports injury and I also can't really show up to work with a black eye or fucked up face. They usually provide padded helmets, right?

I've been wanting to take it up for a long time. I tried a martial art last summer, but I didn't really like all the rolling and tumbling that was required... that's not really my thing. I REALLY don't like rolling, tumbling, somersaults, etc. I just want to feel more comfortable taking and delivering punches and build coordination.

I found a place in Chicago that seems tailored more to professionals looking to blow off steam, i.e. it's not some YMCA for street toughs to beat the shit out of eachother under supervision.

A boxing workout for a guy who just wants to get into boxing for fitness should only be as rough as the guy wants. You really don't have to spar if you don't want to; you can just do conditioning exercises, work the bags and all that.

Depending on the place, sparring can be relatively heavy or relatively light - at my old gym, it tended to be on the heavier side. And yes, you do wear headgear, although being punched still hurts, and of course, body shots hurt too.

I switched gyms, and these days I'm just working out on the bags - I got tired of being punched hard by 200 pound fit guys who were half my age.

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]
MichChamp02 said:

A boxing workout for a guy who just wants to get into boxing for fitness should only be as rough as the guy wants. You really don't have to spar if you don't want to; you can just do conditioning exercises, work the bags and all that.

Depending on the place, sparring can be relatively heavy or relatively light - at my old gym, it tended to be on the heavier side. And yes, you do wear headgear, although being punched still hurts, and of course, body shots hurt too.

I switched gyms, and these days I'm just working out on the bags - I got tired of being punched hard by 200 pound fit guys who were half my age.

this place offered private coaching lessons too. was thinking of doing some of those first before I do any sparring.

the only thing is, all that gets expensive.

I need to do like they do in the movies: find some grizzled old boxing coach who sees potential in me, and will take me under his wing and teach me to be a success.

More likely, stick to lawyering, and box as a workout. It's a really workout, I've been doing it for years and years.

Back