Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Dumbest football analyst

cheeno

On any network, outside of Millen (too easy). I'll go with John Clayton, especially his elite qb ranking (Flacco is elite?). Is his nickname the professor because he spouts off nonsense with no real world application or because he looks like one of the baby geniuses grown up?

Only good thing about Clayton was him fighting with that serious asshole Salisbury. He was terrible and so is clayton. I will say my favorite people on espn are Skip Bayliss just cuz he speaks his mind and Woody Paige because he is hilarious.

Did you watch during the rain delay with the White Sox catcher, former player on the right, I forget his name, and the other dude? They were brutal.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Did you watch during the rain delay with the White Sox catcher, former player on the right, I forget his name, and the other dude? They were brutal.

Yeah that was terrible, the one guy (former player forget his name too) was all about himself and how good he was back in the day.

not sure this guy is the dumbest but I cant stand him.

Kirk Herbstreit,

Were you guys talking about Eric Karos? I thought the TBS/TNT games for the Tigers v Yankees were very bad. Ron Darling was just on the yanks side the whole time.

Millen is the bad on saturdays because he does B1G games on ABC of all places. How he has a job is beyond me. How people ask for his opinion is even worst. I hate Brent "I love Michigan and USC" Musburger more though because I'm not a Lions fan so what he did to that team didn't really effect me.

Sundays are reserved for Joe Buck, every game he does I just turn it. The ALCS was so bad that me and my wife didn't have the volume on at times.

What would it take for Joe Buck to raise the level of his monotone 1 octave?

Oddly enough Skip Bayless is my most hated. I cant stand talking heads who go above and beyond normal levels of criticism. Bayless is just a pure hater with a styled mullet. Nothing worse than those "god fathered in" analysts who arent the slightest bit athletic and probably only got into sports because that was the only department they could get hired in with their journalism degree. Give me a Trent Dilfer, Trevor Mattich, Urban Meyer, Terry Francona type. Guys whos opinions you can trust.

they're all pretty dumb, and they've only gotten dumber as time has gone on.

this thread is like judging midget height..

Okay, so in terms of those guys who don't suck ....

Chris Collinsworth - he's kind of a prick, but he's pretty spot on
Jaws - a total dork, but his film work and QB analysis is sharp
Tom Jackson - doesn't pull punches or play the games Carter, Keyshawn and other former players do

I find no value in the plethora of former players -- Bruschi, Kordell, Lomas Brown, Hugh Douglass, Jesse Palmer -- and coaches on break who immediately pop up on ESPN.

cheeno said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Did you watch during the rain delay with the White Sox catcher, former player on the right, I forget his name, and the other dude? They were brutal.

Yeah that was terrible, the one guy (former player forget his name too) was all about himself and how good he was back in the day.

Aj Pierzinski and Eric Karros

Back