Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Radiohead

Radiohead is probably the best 90s band. I love them, and they definitely introduced me to that genre.
What's your favorite album from them? I've been listening to Amnesiac a lot lately, but The Bends will always have a special place in my heart lol.

This song is effin beautiful. Dat mellow.

[flash=350,287:mqeopnro]http://www.youtube.com/v/gAUMgureA6o&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:mqeopnro]
</td><td valign="top">
<html><head><title>Banner</title><style>html, body {margin:0;padding:0;}</style></head>
<body>
<script type="text/javascript">
var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");
var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);
if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)
{
document.write('+']');
else
document.write('+']');
}
else
{
document.write('');
}
</script>
<noscript>

</noscript>

</body>
</html>

</td></tr></table>

Classic

[flash=350,287:mqeopnro]http://www.youtube.com/v/N7cbmHGnzP4&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:mqeopnro]
</td><td valign="top">
<html><head><title>Banner</title><style>html, body {margin:0;padding:0;}</style></head>
<body>
<script type="text/javascript">
var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");
var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);
{
document.write('+']');
else
document.write('+']');
}
else
{
document.write('');
}
</script>
<noscript>

</noscript>

</body>
</html>

</td></tr></table>

also,

34zk9q8.jpg

Ahh, if you're a fan of "You and Who's Army" there's a good chance you'll like the new one (wasn't on the last album), "Daily Mail"

It's awesome

Dang, any chance you can tell me how to embed video like that? I've never done it before and tried a couple ways and it didn't work. Here's the link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsWeFlzM9tE&feature=related

Oh man, it's pretty much impossible picking a favorite. I liked "Creep" when it came out, but didn't really notice anything from The Bends when it came out. I was definitely in a different phase at the time. Then I liked "Karma Police", but I never had one of their albums until I picked up Kid A on a whim. That took me a handful of listens before I decided, no, I don't hate this, I actually like it! From there I went back through their catalog and bought Hail to the Thief, and all their subsequent albums the day they were released.

Kid A was my early favorite, though I liked some of the individual songs from Amnesiac better. I of course really liked The Bends and OK Computer, but they never gained the top spot. HTTT was probably my favorite for the longest period of time...getting to anticipate and then dive into one of their records for the first time really makes a difference. I listened to In Rainbows probably more than any of their albums and really really like The King of Limbs. What do you think of that one?

Have you seen them live? It doesn't sound like they're doing a big tour this year, but if they come anywhere near here, I'll be there.

DR said:
Oh man, it's pretty much impossible picking a favorite. I liked "Creep" when it came out, but didn't really notice anything from The Bends when it came out. I was definitely in a different phase at the time. Then I liked "Karma Police", but I never had one of their albums until I picked up Kid A on a whim. That took me a handful of listens before I decided, no, I don't hate this, I actually like it! From there I went back through their catalog and bought Hail to the Thief, and all their subsequent albums the day they were released.

Kid A was my early favorite, though I liked some of the individual songs from Amnesiac better. I of course really liked The Bends and OK Computer, but they never gained the top spot. HTTT was probably my favorite for the longest period of time...getting to anticipate and then dive into one of their records for the first time really makes a difference. I listened to In Rainbows probably more than any of their albums and really really like The King of Limbs. What do you think of that one?

Have you seen them live? It doesn't sound like they're doing a big tour this year, but if they come anywhere near here, I'll be there.

Hah, Hail to the Thief is the one album I haven't really listened. A Wolf at the Door is awesome though. Kid A is definitely their most obscure album How To Disappear Completely is one of my favorite songs. OK Computer is a cool album. They make a lot of allusions to the book 1984 in that album, which really caught my attention. idk if you read the book or not. In Rainbows was actually the first Radiohead album I listened too. I need to spend more time listening to The King of Limbs. I've only heard a few songs, but I liked what I heard so far.

And to embed a youtube video do this

"[you tube]INSERT VIDEO HERE[/you tube]"

removing the quotations and the space between you and tube

mojo said:
Hah, Hail to the Thief is the one album I haven't really listened. A Wolf at the Door is awesome though. Kid A is definitely their most obscure album How To Disappear Completely is one of my favorite songs. OK Computer is a cool album. They make a lot of allusions to the book 1984 in that album, which really caught my attention. idk if you read the book or not. In Rainbows was actually the first Radiohead album I listened too. I need to spend more time listening to The King of Limbs. I've only heard a few songs, but I liked what I heard so far.

Yeah, I definitely don't consider HTTT their best work, but it's more of a sentimental pick. 2+2=5 is probably my favorite song from it...speaking of 1984 references. And yeah, I do love that book.

Definitely give King of Limbs a shot. It's more along the lines of Kid A, so it might take some time to sink in, but it's a great listen. Especially with headphones so you can really hear all the different things going on, but you can pretty much say that about all their albums. (Edit: I just read your post on the show Weeds. Hint hint)

Have you seen the movie A Scanner Darkly? It's based on Philip K Dick. It's pretty good and has a handful of Radiohead/Thom York songs in it.

mojo said:

There's actually a "Tube" button that does that, but when I tried it nothing came up. Maybe I wasn't putting the correct info in between? I tried putting in the link to the video, http://youtu.be/xsWeFlzM9tE, and the embed info, <iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xsWeFlzM9tE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DR said:
mojo said:

Yeah, I definitely don't consider HTTT their best work, but it's more of a sentimental pick. 2+2=5 is probably my favorite song from it...speaking of 1984 references. And yeah, I do love that book.

Definitely give King of Limbs a shot. It's more along the lines of Kid A, so it might take some time to sink in, but it's a great listen. Especially with headphones so you can really hear all the different things going on, but you can pretty much say that about all their albums. (Edit: I just read your post on the show Weeds. Hint hint)

Have you seen the movie A Scanner Darkly? It's based on Philip K Dick. It's pretty good and has a handful of Radiohead/Thom York songs in it.

I've been meaning to read the novel for the longest time, but I might just watch the movie soon. It looks sooo interesting, but I had no idea the soundtrack included Radiohead.

I'm sure the book is better overall, but yeah, it's cool to hear little snippets of Radiohead songs throughout, then there's a Yorke song playing over the credits. The movie's shot in that weird quasi-animation style though, so you have to be prepared for that.

Oh yeah, I watch it every now and then ;)

Ok so I gave King of Limbs a full listen today. It's definitely different. Lotus Flower and Codex are masterpieces. Bloom is really cool too, I like the feel to it.

I loved the album right from the start, but the only problem I had with it was putting Codex and Give up the Ghost back to back, and then following it up with Separator. As I listened to it more I grew to like those two songs more, but it created quite a lull. Then it ends with Separator, and while it's a decent enough song, it's my least favorite on the album.

Bloom is awesome though, really like Magpie, Little by Little, and Lotus Flower...Feral is great in the right state.

You really should check out the From the Basement broadcast they put out recently. That's where the link I posted above of Bloom is from. You should be able to find all the songs on youtube..(and it's regularly shown on Palladia if you get that channel). It's a great performance and neat to see them play these songs live.

I started listening to Radiohead after reading this thread. I downloaded the entire discography and so far Pablo Honey seems to be my favorite album. havent noticed you guys list it so maybe it kind of a greatest hits album? Again I know nothing about Radiohead, Creep was the only song I was familiar with of any song I heard. Pablo Honey seemed like a very solid album though.

or maybe its a shitty album and I'm the only one who likes it. lol

lol i hate Creep after hearing it so many times. I never really gave the rest of the album a chance.

mojo said:
lol i hate Creep after hearing it so many times. I never really gave the rest of the album a chance.

I saw a Radiohead interview once and they were saying how they hate the song as well. They went on to say when they 1st started hearing it on the radio n stuff it took them a second to realize it was even them because it kinda had a different sound than they were used to. I was telling Art V, that the lead singer of RH kind of reminds me of Beck when he gets that low mumbly voice. I was a big fan of Beck's "Odelay" album.

Back