Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

David Pauley

staegrac

Just wondering why JL didnt go with him (situational?) instead he went with PC and JB...today there may have not been the need to pitch him...I just thought he was supposed to give us a boost in the BP, we acquire purcey and he pitches the night he is available

Coke had been pitching like crap. Im getting sick of him. And he did pitch on Monday, Pauley.

I agree PC has over night turned into Purcey, I thought his first few outings in BP were productive but I dunno....I must have missed him pitching Monday

This bullpen scares the crap out of me...IMO they have blown wins for Scherzer and Porcello this week, after they both pitched well enough to win.

The BP is Either having control issues, or just plain can't get anyone out...especially PC as of late. I knew those two runners PC inherited from Porcello were going to score as soon as he was brought in

distantdetroiter said:
This bullpen scares the crap out of me...IMO they have blown wins for Scherzer and Porcello this week, after they both pitched well enough to win.

The BP is Either having control issues, or just plain can't get anyone out...especially PC as of late. I knew those two runners PC inherited from Porcello were going to score as soon as he was brought in

I thought we fired knapp and got a better pitching coach...now the BP is falling apart...Jose is the only bright side we have in the BP and even he puts me on the edge of my seat. Pauley looks good but not enough to sample on...DS had a pretty good 8th last night after PC did he damage

Yeah, I wonder if JL and DD are regretting letting Knapp go, I think it was a move of desperation at the time. We had those four or five games where we gave up a shit ton of runs and they paniced IMO.

I don't see it as the coach's fault for the bullpen's woes. In my opinion, they have not transitioned into new roles yet. Outside of Benoit and Valverde, the roles have been inconsistent and undefined. The main reason has been the revolving injury door with Alurquerque. Guys not normally coming in the 7th have struggled. JL is doing a great job considering all the changes that have taken place in that small window of the 6 and 7th inning. My guess is that if Alburquerque can stay healthy, Pauley will be that guy on the next day. Coke, Schlereth and others will be situational since the starters have settled in. Coke is trying to shorten that arm of his still, he will be fine after a few more outings, patience is the virtue here. In all actuality, the bullpen is in transition and I believe starting to gel as proof of the great outing that Schlereth had last night. This puzzle is starting to go together and JL may win manager of the year for it.

Its hard to blame knapp being the reason the BP is bad but Porcello has been pitching well so who gets the credit there?

Back