Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Georgia Tech @ Virginia

elrod817

Moved these comments from the other thread to make my life easier when I tally up the stats. Plus I figure it makes it easier for us to discuss the individual game in its own thread rather than sifting through all the other picks and what not. I'm going to create threads for the other games that easye has asked about.

Kgdetroit: GT should cover, although be wary because Virginia has had 2 weeks to prepare for them and GT has been trending down, beating NC State by 10 and Maryland at home by 5 going 0-2 ATS the last 2 weeks.

Kg: Another thing to add on the GT/VA game, Georgia Tech has consistently not covered the spread when facing a team coming off of a bye. Their next 3 are also Miami, Clemson, and Va Tech so definite look ahead possibility.

I'm going to side with Kg's skepticism. There is no doubt that Tech is the better team in this matchup and I fully expect them to win. However Paul Johnson runs the triple option in its truest form. And by that I mean once they have the lead they're content with three yards and a cloud of dust. Georgia Tech is fully capable of blowing teams out, but in today's world of big victories and large scoring margins helping your cause for BCS positioning, Johnson doesn't seem to give a shit about it. They will let teams they should crush hang around simply because of the offense they run. Kg also brings up a great point of UVA coming off of a bye. The triple option isn't widely used these days aside from the service academies, so a lot of teams have trouble defending it especially only having one week to prepare. In this case UVA has had ample time to gameplan for it which gives them an added advantage.

Just some things to keep in mind....

Back