Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Purdue @ Penn State

elrod817

elrod : Gun to my head I'm taking Purdue and the 12 points. Penn State hasn't shown a whole lot to make me believe in them. I think last week was the first time they covered the spread all year and almost failed to do so in that game. If McQueary gets the offense going they could beat Purdue by double digits, but that's a big if at this point.

Kg: Just taking a quick glance I'd have to agree with Elrod. Penn State is 5-1 but 1-4-1 ATS. I think Penn State is the far better team but my book has it at -11.5 right now and I don't know that I would feel comfortable laying that many with such and anemic offense. I don't think Purdue scores more than 10, but can Penn State score more than 3 TDs?

Only thing giving me pause is that Penn State is averaging 162 YPG on the ground and Purdue is giving up 142.8 rushing YPG and 345 YPG overall to the likes of Middle Tennessee State, Rice, and SE Missouri State, Not exactly Big 10 caliber offensive powerhouses.

Give me a day or two and I'll take a deeper look into the numbers and see if I can get a better read on this one, as of now it looks like it could go either way and I don't feel all that confident in either side.

I'm gonna stick to my guns and agree with Elrod, I'd take Purdue here. I would wait til Saturday morning to pull the trigger though, Penn State is the public play and you might be able to squeeze another half point out of that line by being patient.

Back