Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

4 in a row = better program

johnny2x2x

Right now MSU has a better Football program than Michigan, period.

We were able to rack up personal fouls all day and still beat them by two touchdowns. I love it.

I hated the P/Fs, it's was a very undisciplined team, but we are just a lot more talented and won because of our blitzing schemes and speed on defense.

johnny2x2x said:

I said this in May of '07 to Valenti on the air and he thought I was out of my mind.

Can we say for the last year that Michigan has had a better basketball program? I mean since we are using comparisons here.. NO you don't have the better program and YES, you have the better team.. Similar to basketball in 2010-11, Michigan better team, but MSU better program..

tigers99888 said:
Can we say for the last year that Michigan has had a better basketball program? I mean since we are using comparisons here.. NO you don't have the better program and YES, you have the better team.. Similar to basketball in 2010-11, Michigan better team, but MSU better program..

Hard to compare basketball to Football, but U of M was certainly better last year, ask me when they beat State this year and make a final 4.

4 in a row in Football counts for more than 4 in a row in basketball since they only play once a year.

johnny2x2x said:
tigers99888 said:

Hard to compare basketball to Football, but U of M was certainly better last year, ask me when they beat State this year and make a final 4.

4 in a row in Football counts for more than 4 in a row in basketball since they only play once a year.
I honestly think both teams will be mediocre next year, but Michigan does have Tim Hardaway Jr whom some are calling a legit top top 10 prospect.. We'll see if that's true... The only way I'll compare Michigan to MSU in basketball is if they actually make sweet 16s to Final Fours, beat MSU, and actually land a 5 star recruit.. Until that happens, they are nothing more than a mid tier big 10 program ala Minnesota..

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
johnny2x2x said:

program no. team...yes.

Honest question Monster......at what point would you consider MSU a better program?? What would have to be done? Just trying to get a U of M fans' perspective.

boogerlovejoy said:
[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]

program no. team...yes.

Honest question Monster......at what point would you consider MSU a better program?? What would have to be done? Just trying to get a U of M fans' perspective.
It's not about the recent series, but the overall body of work.. You've had two very mediocre seasons and two very good one's 2/4 is not enough Imo.. Do it consistently for 7-10 years then we'll compare..

boogerlovejoy said:
[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]

program no. team...yes.

Consistency in the teams, actually winning bowl games, out recruiting us, getting respect from the country. Sparty is on track to being a good program, but they crumble when given a shot to prove they beling. Yes, michigan has been down, but for a year or two, we have a built in execuse, like it or not. Everyone knows we are on the way back up. But, no offense, nobody is confident sparty will still be good by then. In a few years, if sparty is still on top and we are struggling, the tables will be turned.

Yeah, Michigan has won a whopping 1 more Bowl Game this Century than MSU. 3 wins to 2 wins. Sorry, you have to now go back 5 years to find a win vs State and it's not like Michigan has been an elite program this century. They had a chance at a National Title in 2006, but lost their last 2 games, other than that season they've been good, but not elite, so it wasn't like MSU was trying to catch USC or Alabama, it was trying to catch Michigan, a good program with 1 shared National Title in 60 years and coming off 15 wins in 3 seasons prior. Recruiting? Please, how much of a difference did the higher rated recruiting classes Michigan fielded the last 4 years mean?

4 wins in a row, and a much better record over the last 4 years is enough to catch and pass Michigan. 62-31 the last 2 years helps too.

It just goes towards the Michigan fans inflated image of Michigan Football. It's not an elite program and save for 1 season hasn't been elite this century.

A neck twist. Seriously I bet he gets a game suspension for it. Because we all know Dantonio does not punish any players. .. Did you see what that Thug Golhston did? Very odd but i think Sparty had 5 or 6 more Personal fouls today... But hey a win is a win... Congrats.

johnny2x2x said:
Yeah, Michigan has won a whopping 1 more Bowl Game this Century than MSU. 3 wins to 2 wins. Sorry, you have to now go back 5 years to find a win vs State now and it's not like Michigan has been an elite program this century. They had a chance at a National Title in 2006, but lost their last 2 games, other than that season they've been good, but not elite, so it wasn't like MSU was trying to catch USC or Alabama, it was trying to catch Michigan, a good program with 1 shared National Title in 50 years and coming off 15 wins in 3 seasons prior. Recruiting? Please, how much of a difference did the higher rated recruiting classes Michigan fielded the last 4 years mean?

4 wins in a row, and a much better record over the last 4 years is enough to catch and pass Michigan. 62-31 the last 2 years helps too.

It just goes towards the Michigan fans inflated image of Michigan Football. It's not an elite program and save for 1 season hasn't been elite this century.

No one will ever take MSU seriously. Sadly they never will.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]A neck twist. Seriously I bet he gets a game suspension for it. Because we all know Dantonio does not punish any players. .. Did you see what that Thug Golhston did? Very odd but i think Sparty had 5 or 6 more Personal fouls today... But hey a win is a win... Congrats.

The neck twist was dirty, and the punch should have gotten him thrown out, but Lewan was hitting him in the head while he was on the ground and should have been flagged too. Plus they were cutting him all game while he was engaged with a blocker, came off limping once after the chop block. He had a right to be frustrated but he crossed the line twice. Still he should have been tossed. The P/F's helped Michigan not State. Kept several drives alive for them.

The play at the end by Rush that hurt Denard was a P/F, but not dirty, he just finished the tackle, happens all the time.

Face it Michigan got physically whooped on both sides of the ball by a stronger, faster, and more athletic team. "The tougher team won." George Perles 1986.

johnny2x2x said:
[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]A neck twist. Seriously I bet he gets a game suspension for it. Because we all know Dantonio does not punish any players. .. Did you see what that Thug Golhston did? Very odd but i think Sparty had 5 or 6 more Personal fouls today... But hey a win is a win... Congrats.

The neck twist was dirty, and the punch should have gotten him thrown out, but Lewan was hitting him in the head while he was on the ground and should have been flagged too. Plus they were cutting him all game while he was engaged with a blocker, came off limping once after the chop block. He had a right to be frustrated but he crossed the line twice. Still he should have been tossed. The P/F's helped Michigan not State. Kept several drives alive for them.

The play at the end by Rush that hurt Denard was a P/F, but not dirty, he just finished the tackle, happens all the time.

Face it Michigan got physically whooped on both sides of the ball by a stronger, faster, and more athletic team. "The tougher team won." George Perles 1986.

i never said we did get whooped but 5-6 personal foul penalties.. That has to be a concern because it is beyond dumb.. MSU did everything they could to give the game back to michigan and in the end after being out hit, out cheap shotted on fourth an a inch Michigan has a idiotic coach he throws the ball... Beyond dumb because if Michigan scores with the wind there may have been a shot at stealing the game... No reason Dantonio has to teach dirty play...

Back