Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cliff's Potential New Contract

last year for Cliff...at least he's playing for a contract with some new team

Good for him...when he's gone LoJack will fill in nicely and for a fraction of the cost.

As much as I like Cliff he is sadly overstating his skills if he thinks he is as good as Tamba. His best bet for a long career is to stay with the Lions and the Schwartz and play for cheaper. Although I will wish him all the best if he gets a deal for that kinda money. His only hope is that Al Davis likes him.

[quote="lp4ever41":m6gagupo]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/15397573

DE Cliff Avril referenced Chiefs DE Tamba Hali

if 4 or 5 more QBs just fall down in front of him lie last year , he could parlay that into HUGE money...said it from the get go ONE TRICK PONY...but putting Durnat behind him in runsituations sure is going to help this year.

I honestly believe that Schwartz can get 10 + sacks with an average DE because of how many blockers our DT's eat up. Again I like Cliff but we will never pay him 10 mil. I agree with what someone above said he may get 6 mil here but thats it. If he wants 10 more power to him and its been real. He is a good DE not great and he needs to REALLY work on playing the run.

I see cliff gettin a 3 year deal. Not sure of the money but that will put him at 28 _and give him one more contract, on our end that will be perfect to have young step in at that time.

6 is too much for him. Edwards got 6 and babin got 5 yrs 28 mil. He may deserve to make as much as those 2 in some teams eyes but I don't think mm pays him that. If Lojack will take 1-3 mil a year I think its a no brainer for mm.

mhughes0021 said:
6 is too much for him. Edwards got 6 and babin got 5 yrs 28 mil. He may deserve to make as much as those 2 in some teams eyes but I don't think mm pays him that. If Lojack will take 1-3 mil a year I think its a no brainer for mm.

Your talking about a pass rusher here.. They are behind QB's for the most expensive position. A solid rotational end is gonna get at least 2-3mil per year. Lawrence Jackson would be insulted by an offer of 3mil per if he keeps on playing the way he did last year. Thats just not how much a pass rusher makes.

Im sure other teams see Avrils value and his shortcummings. And playing along side Suh, no way a team offers him a big contract. 3 yrs 13.5m.

detroit1811 said:
mhughes0021 said:

Your talking about a pass rusher here.. They are behind QB's for the most expensive position. A solid rotational end is gonna get at least 2-3mil per year. Lawrence Jackson would be insulted by an offer of 3mil per if he keeps on playing the way he did last year. Thats just not how much a pass rusher makes.

then draft one and pay him 400k for 4 years
laugh.png
a dead body would get 6-8 sacks next to Suh and Fairley. Id go out on a limb and say Willie Young would get atleast 6 sacks if he started 16 games next to Suh.

Fuck him if he thinks he's worth that much. Seriously. Go play elsewhere Cliff....be sure to send Suh, KVB, and the rest of the guys a thank you note though when some moron grossly overpays you.

Avril is so misleading, granted he is pretty good. But, like Slick mentioned QBs last year just fell down and Avril got credited with the sack. Also, playing alongside some great Dlineman help.

Back