Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tutor's Off-Season Analysis and Predictions

Detroit Lions I've been dogging the Lions and their off season ways for years. It's a love-hate relationship. Do I think they got it right this year? Not really, but much better than years past. Their biggest strength was their defensive line and that's what they addressed in the 1st round. They also addressed a WR, another position that wasn't a need, in the second. However, I applaud them for Tulloch and Wright signings, even though they may not be all-world. What irks me is that they have the SAME offensive line. Will this be the year that everyone turns on Stafford or will he save his face? They'll flirt with 7 wins, but the revival of McNabb will keep them from being 2nd in the conference

NFL TEAM by TEAM ANALYSIS and PREDICTIONS
No. This isn't my fantasy predictions. That will come soon enough. Football season is BACK and the Tutor is ready to analyze each team and how they did thus far in the off season.

AFC NORTH
Pittsburgh Steelers
They haven't made a splash in the off season but resigned everyone they needed to in order to repeat as AFC champs. It's gonna be a fist fight with the Ravens but it'll be enjoyable to watch every minute of it.

Baltimore Ravens
The Ravens got a lot younger in the off season without mortgaging any hopes of winning division. It will be interesting in who steps up to be the #2 receiver with Heap and Mason gone. That could be the difference in the division.

Cincinnati Bengals
These are the biggest losers in my book. They needed to let Palmer go and get something good for him. They also lost their best receiving threat and their best corner back. They'll be contenders for the NFl's worst team especially if Palmer shows up with no heart.

Cleveland Browns
Some sites called Browns the biggest off season losers. In terms of movement, I agree with them. They did nothing spectacular. Quite easily the worst team on paper and least fun team to watch.

AFC EAST
New England Patroits
The Patriots did what they do best. They keep recycling players. I love the OchoCinco signing. He won't put up Moss numbers but I think he'll have one of his best seasons of his career. If Haynesworth shows half of his talent, the Patriots will benefit from this signing. One of the favorites to be playing far in the playoffs.

New York Jets
The team everyone either LOVES or HATES. Had they signed Asomugha, I would have called them the favorites of the AFC. But since they didn't and have an ugly offense, they are going to be right where they've been the last two years. Close.....but no cigar. It'll be fun to see what Burress has left in the tank though.

Miami Dolphins
I'm a Chad Henne believer and I think Miami needs to stick with him and stop screwing around with the wildcat. Ricky Williams and Brown are gone. Enter: Reggie Bush and Daniel Thomas. They should flirt with the .500 record like last year.

Buffalo Bills
It's the Tutor's favorite team! What did they do this off season? Not much. They replaced Pos with Barnett and drafted a few nice young defensive players. They've been competitive each of the last two years but I don't forsee them doing much better than last year.

AFC WEST
Kansas City Chiefs
Personally, I believe that Chiefs had a little bit of a fluke season. They didn't do much in free agent other than Steve Breaston. I look for them to decline from last years 10-6 record but still flirt with wild card, due to a rather weak division.

San Diego Chargers
A full year of Vincent Jackson and the signing of Takeo Spikes will put the Chargers back in the top of the West. It won't be enough to make it farther.

Oakland Raiders
The men in black lost Asomugha, Miller, and Gallery. Is Jason Campbell going to show up? Will McFadden stay healthy? Last year's 8-8 record will seem like a great season after 2011 is all said and done.

Denver Broncos
While the organization fights over Orton and Tebow, they'll be losing more games then most of the other NFL teams. Orton will help them win more, but also brings more value in terms of a trade. I'd say trade Orton and roll with the punches. Even though Gaffney was a productive player, the Broncos made a good trade and received nice value for him to improve their defense. They also had a few nice defensive draft picks in Miller and Moore. This team is a few years away from being competitive.

AFC SOUTH
Houston Texan
The only splash they made in the off-season was changing defensive personnel, which might be the best move they could have made. Their offense is solid with Schaub, Foster, and Johnson. They won't be making the playoff anytime soon but they'll be competitive in most games.

Indianapolis Colts
The leaders of the division look to continue to be the leaders for the foreseeable future. They added some defensive help and resigned their most important asset. If healthy, they should be able to contend for the Superbowl crown.

Jacksonville Jaquars
The teasers of the 2000s. They always look like they are going to overtake Indianapolis but never do. Their defense still looks pretty solid, especially at the linebacker spot with the signing of Posluszny. The big question will be whether they mold Gabbert into the starter. One thing for sure, they'll be teasing playoffs all season.

Tennessee Titans
Hasselbeck or Locker is the main question. There defense took a hit with losing Babin and Tulloch. Ayers was a good pick for the defense and they still have Chris Johnson. Their biggest weakness is their receivers. They'll be somewhat competitive and hugging the .500 mark all season.

NFC NORTH
Green Bay Packers
The Superbowl Champs, who weren't even healthy, now have everyone back. Losing Barnett wasn't helpful from if anyone can overcome a loss, it's these guys. Their offense and defense are still rock solid and will be hard to knock of the throne.

Chicago Bears
Harris, Kruetz, and Olsen are bigger losses than you think. Barber should be better than Chester Taylor and Roy Williams should emerge as the #1. If Cutler can keep his composure, Bears have a chance to make the wildcard.

Minnesota Vikiings
These guys are my picks to be the NFL's most surprising team. Anytime you have Adrian Peterson, you have a chance to win. Now add Donovan McNabb instead of the junk that they've been throwing out there and they are legitimate again. They also added a blindside protection for McNabb as he looks to revive his career. They won't be a easy team to beat.

Detroit Lions
I've been dogging the Lions and their off season ways for years. It's a love-hate relationship. Do I think they got it right this year? Not really, but much better than years past. Their biggest strength was their defensive line and that's what they addressed in the 1st round. They also addressed a WR, another position that wasn't a need, in the second. However, I applaud them for Tulloch and Wright signings, even though they may not be all-world. What irks me is that they have the SAME offensive line. Will this be the year that everyone turns on Stafford or will he save his face? They'll flirt with 7 wins, but the revival of McNabb will keep them from being 2nd in the conference.

NFC EAST
Philadelphia Eagles
Do I really need to mention what they did this off season? Anything less than a meeting with the Packers in the NFC championship would be a fail. Trading Kolb was by far their best move.

Dallas Cowboys
Because they were in salary cap trouble, they couldn't sign any big names. They resigned some key guys and now they just need to hope for good health. If they want to win, they'll need to be a big time passing team. Like the Bears, they could falter below .500 or tease the wildcard.

New York Giants
Whether or not they have Osi in their lineup come regular season will be the difference between winning and losing. He's a sack machine. Amukamara and Austin were good draft picks. The offense should hold their own as they flirt with 9 wins.

Washington Redskins
Doing what they do best, signing anybody and everybody possible. Either way, they are definitely younger and rebuilding. Andrew Luck would be a great addition to this team next year and most likely will happen as long as Grossman is at the helm.

NFC SOUTH
Atlanta Falcons
Matt Ryan, Roddy White, Michael Turner, and now Julio Jones. Offense is loaded and so is defense, with the signing of Ray Edwards and his 8 sacks last year. They'll be in competition with Eagles, Saints, and Packers for that NFC crown.

New Orleans Saints
One of the most active teams in free agencies kept pace with Falcons and Eagles. They replaced Bush with Sproles and signed a good linebacker in Clint Ingram. They have a chip on their shoulders with that Seattle lost last year.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Last year, this team flirted with the playoffs, but failed miserably in the end. Bucs did nothing in the off season and I don't expect them to flirt with a winning record this season.

Carolina Panthers
The Cam Newton ERA has begun and Carolina helped out by giving him Olsen and Shockey at the TE spot. Their defense is quietly underrated and that's why they'll be competitive in many of their games. It's very possible that they could be this years Rams/Bucs.

NFC WEST
Seattle Seahawks
Yep, last year's favorite underdogs. They did everything right this off season, except for one thing. They let their quarterback go, and replaced with..........Tavaris Jackson? This isn't a particularly hard division so the addition of Rice and Miller might combat losing Hasselbeck.

San Francisco 49ers
With the West for the taking, I'm very surprised that the 49ers stood back and did nothing to improve their team. Guess they want Andrew Luck, and they will probably get him.

St. Louis Rams
The addition of Mikeel and Sims Walker might very well just put St. Louis over in the West. They were busy this off season and they added a couple of insurance policies for Steve Jackson (Norwood/Williams). Winner of this division won't have more than 9 wins and it's gonna be a dogfight just like last year. Rams have the edge because they have the best QB.

Arizona Cardinals
Patrick Peterson, Heap, and Kolb were two A+ additions to the Cardinals. In a year or two, this division could easily be theirs. However, they need to address their offensive line woes and have patience with Peterson, since Cromartie is gone. The West is out for anyone, and Kolb is just as talented as Bradford.

Predictions
AFC Division Winners - Chargers, Patriots, Steelers, Colts
AFC WILD Cards - Ravens & Jets
AFC Champion - Patriots
NFC Division Winners - Eagles, Packers, Falcons, Rams (unless Sea gets a QB)
NFC WILD Cards - Vikings & Saints
NFC Champion - Eagles
SUPER BOWL CHAMPS - Patriots

Player Predictions
Michael Vick & Tom Brady are MVPs
Daniel Thomas & Patrick Peterson ROY

Donovan McNabb will be top 15 Qb
Ocho Cinco makes pro bowl (10 tds) and Haynesworth has a solid season.
Plaxico Burress doesn't do much (3 TDs)
Reggie Bush has decent season and plays more than 12 games.
Matt Stafford does get injured but plays more than 8 games,, but only leads Lions to 7 wins.
My other team, Buffalo Bills, gets 5 wins.
Washington wins the Andrew Luck sweepstake, barely, over SF.

***Fantasy Predictions coming in 2 weeks**

no. it's not spoony, but it is a regular. I won't call his name out unless he wants to.

Chica.....pretty sure he tutors retards as an occupation.

woooooo....we need a fucking curtis sighting over here. i was hoping a fucktard or 2 would find their way here.

if tutor causes any problems, i'll remove him. Until then, try to at least be civil.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]if tutor causes any problems, i'll remove him. Until then, try to at least be civil.

Chicos harmless....lol . like having a pet rabbit on the board.

iamthetutor said:
Minnesota Vikiings
These guys are my picks to be the NFL's most surprising team. Anytime you have Adrian Peterson, you have a chance to win. Now add Donovan McNabb instead of the junk that they've been throwing out there and they are legitimate again. They also added a blindside protection for McNabb as he looks to revive his career. They won't be a easy team to beat.

Who exactly did they get to protect his blindside????

mhughes0021 said:
iamthetutor said:
Minnesota Vikiings

Charles Johnson....who Jared Allen is routinely emasculating in practice,

slick said:
mhughes0021 said:

Oh!, the guard that they shoved into the LT position and is getting smoked at practice? Thats the guy hes talking about??
laugh.png

mhughes0021 said:
slick said:

Oh!, the guard that they shoved into the LT position and is getting smoked at practice? Thats the guy hes talking about??
laugh.png

Yep. The same guy who protected Peyton Manning all these years.

iamthetutor said:
mhughes0021 said:
laugh.png

Yep. The same guy who protected Peyton Manning all these years.

Peyton has a broken neck
laugh.png

He had to beat out Tony Ugoh....LMFAO !!!

cant wait to see McNabb week #3.

iamthetutor said:
mhughes0021 said:
Peyton has a broken neck
laugh.png

How many sacks has he allowed?

out of the 16 that Indy gave up last year , he gave up 6.

Charles Johnson is a Guard..he struggles mightly at Tackle.

Manning realizes he's the franchise. No one gets rid of the ball like Peyton. He knows he can't get hurt so he throws it away knowing there's another day. Staff needs to get in that mind set.

schles192 said:
Detroit Lions I've been dogging the Lions and their off season ways for years. It's a love-hate relationship. Do I think they got it right this year? Not really, but much better than years past. Their biggest strength was their defensive line and that's what they addressed in the 1st round. They also addressed a WR, another position that wasn't a need, in the second. However, I applaud them for Tulloch and Wright signings, even though they may not be all-world. What irks me is that they have the SAME offensive line. Will this be the year that everyone turns on Stafford or will he save his face? They'll flirt with 7 wins, but the revival of McNabb will keep them from being 2nd in the conference

What the Fuck is this dribble? Now I understand the Board Announcement. Wonder what other nuggets have my name on it. I was going to delete it but its just soooo saaaad :'(.

Back