Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Woodley: 2nd highest paid Steeler ever

I'm glad everything worked out in the end. Didn't he only make something like half a million last year?

On draft day I was hoping the Steelers would take him with the 11th pick (or something like that) and they took Lawrence Timmons, the OLB from Florida State. I figured that was it. Even when he was available in the second round I doubted they'd take him. I'm just glad my Woodley jersey isn't going to be retired for another few years! He's a fan favorite in the Steel City.

I saw he get 18 million this year..way to go Woods! ...but fuck the Steelers.

Beez said:
I saw he get 18 million this year..way to go Woods! ...but fuck the Steelers.

Now that's not nice! :)

But I know what forum I'm in, so all good.

I'm a Cowboys fan..I'm not welcome in the Lions section either. lol

Good for Woodley. He deserves it. He worked his rear end off and never complained about money while he was making like $450,000 a year through his first contract. Woodley is a true professional and an outstanding LB for the Steelers. Although I'm a Pats fan(thanks to Law initially), I am happy I can still rock my black Woodley jersey!

Pretty rare to see a player of his talent/production these days not hold out for a restructured contract after big seasons. Glad to see he was rewarded for that. The guys run through the playoffs alone seems like enough to have merited big money.

Even though I hate the Steelers Woodley is BEAST! I would actually consider buying his jersey.

Back