Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit the hottest option for Zuccarello Aasen

tbone413

I dont know how many of you guys (if any) are familiar with this kid. He is a 5 ft 7in Norwegian player who was dominate in the Vancouver Olympics and led the SEL league in scoring.

He is a free agent and would be able to choose whatever team he liked much like Villie Leino a few years ago.

I'm a huge fan of a signing like this. He has a ton of potential and we don't have to give up an asset to get him. We can further his development in our system and he's already shown what he can do on a big stage. Personally, I think he's already shown far more potential than Leino did when we went after him.

It's true that he is small and that will undoubtedly bring a lot of ppl hating on this potential signing but at the end of the day skill beats size IMO

Did the Rangers cut him? I thought he was an important part of their team.

Yea he played for the rangers last year - had 23 pts in 42 games. He was on a 2 year entry level contract which expired at the end of last season.

He did not immediately sign with an NHL team because he was thinking about playing in Europe but has decided he wants to play in the NHL.

The kid has lots of talent and I would be thrilled if the Wings picked him up

Back