Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hudler off to a good start

tbone413

Hudler has 2 G and 2 A for 4 pts in the first 4 games of the season. Obviously it helps that Hudler has been playing on a line with Datsyuk to start the year.

I know its only 4 games but its important that Happy Huds gets off to a hot start this season - last year he had an extremely slow start - managing only 10 points in the first 40 games...and was in Babcocks doghouse the rest of the year.

He has lots of talent, but his confidence seemed to be shot last year. If he can manage to rack up 50+ points this season it will take a lot of the scoring pressure off of Pavel, Zetterberg and the Mule.

I've only seen two games so far this year, but he seems more engaged physically and a bit stronger. He looked better in the corners and in front of the net. Last year he seemed so weak.

Hopefully he continues to do pretty well then we can package him for a top 3 forward at the deadling

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]Hopefully he continues to do pretty well then we can package him for a top 3 forward at the deadling

Hopefully he plays well and helps on the second power play. The Wings aren't good enough to toss out contributors this year.

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]Hopefully he continues to do pretty well then we can package him for a top 3 forward at the deadling

If Hudler continues to be a solid contributor like he has been doing the first 5 games then I don't think that he is going anywhere at the trade deadline or the end of the season.

Happy has some really good skills but just needs to be more consistent. Playing the point on the second PP unit should give him plenty of chances to rack up points.

I could see the Wings rewarding Hudler with a 3-4 year deal worth 3.5 mil/year if he manages to get 60+ points this year.

Hudler now has 4 points through 11 games..so much for his fast start. He has been invisible the past 7 games. He cannot afford to have another sub par season or else he will not be back w/ the wings next year.

Back