Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Stafford taking command

hankpav53

Aug. 05, 2011 11:22 a.m. - by John Kreger - QB Stafford firmly in charge at Lions' camp
QB Matthew Stafford continues to mature entering his third NFL season. Stafford is more composed during drills than he's ever been. Despite his injury issues, he has his teammates' confidence. When Stafford's under center, he's unquestionably in command. That command extends to his passing. Stafford's throws are more precise than ever. Lions RapidReports

So pumped.. Looks like he's coming into his own. if he stays healthy we can make the push to the next level. and that's a big if

we need him upright to even sniff playoffs

by the way. this board is way better than the espn one. nice job monster

I'm so excited to see his progress in a full season. We could all see how much he improved last year, but the injuries stopped him. let's hope this year he stays healthy so we can see all of this potential and leadership.

do they know when backus should be back. I feel like that type of injury will be nagging him all season.

And thanks monster for the board

mhughes0021 said:
Fox + Hilliard is slightly scary.

i think so too, but honestly i'm glad backus isn't playing in the first preseason game. I want to see Fox at LT. It'd save us a ton of money if he can play the position. I don't have my hopes up, but I do want to see him play first.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
mhughes0021 said:
Fox + Hilliard is slightly scary.

i think so too, but honestly i'm glad backus isn't playing in the first preseason game. I want to see Fox at LT. It'd save us a ton of money if he can play the position. I don't have my hopes up, but I do want to see him play first.

first preseason game means little to me. roll with him in week 3 of preseason and we really see what kinda player he is. i doubt backus will be ready by then anyways.

Back