Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

youtube pump up

learjet069

So as every season nears, myself as well as many others im sure, watch some you tube videos to get pumped up and ready to go! so my question is. is there a certain video on youtube or a movie that you "HAVE" to watch every year before the season kickoff??

my 3, albeit cliche', is def. the michigan marching band pregame, the 2011 pump up video with al pacino doing the voice over, and of course the week before kickoff i have to watch the program lol

thoughts?

I don't need a pump up video. After the superbowl, I go straight into the draft stuff with the combines, free agency (usually) and then the minicamps and OTAs. Then in the summer, I start getting anxious for football again until NCAA Football and Madden come out. That holds me together until September.

Oh and in the summer I change my ringtone to "the victors".

Here's my tradition that involves a YouTube video. Most of my buddies and my sister stay over at my house the night before Michigan's first game. A couple are Michigan fans like me. Others are Purdue, Colorado, Florida, Notre Dame, and yes even an IU fan. So onto the tradition...I wake up about 30 mins to an hour before everyone else. Pull up my Michigan Marching Band playlist, crank the surround sound, and BLAST The Victors throughout the house to wake everyone up! Then we all make bacon, eggs, pancakes, etc. for breakfast and drink a beer with the breakfast. After that, we play 2 on 2 matchups on NCAA Football until Gameday comes on. Right before kick off I turn the surround sound back up and we watch the YouTube version of Bo's "The Team" speech. After that everyone is so pumped for the games it is crazy in the house! Once kickoff happens, we watch the game and all drink together and other people (wives, girlfriends, other other friends, etc.) start showing up for the annual College Football Kickoff Party. People play cornhole, drinking games, etc. throughout the day, but no Michigan fan misses one second of their game. The couches are reserved for them. It is one of my favorite days of the year!

most dominating performance I've ever seen.

[flash=350,287:610eawrk]http://www.youtube.com/v/G3wSUL3kk1w&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:610eawrk]
</td><td valign="top">
<html><head><title>Banner</title><style>html, body {margin:0;padding:0;}</style></head>
<body>
<script type="text/javascript">
var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");
var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);
if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)
{
document.write('+']');
else
document.write('+']');
}
else
{
document.write('');
}
</script>
<noscript>

</noscript>

</body>
</html>

</td></tr></table>

if that doesn't get you pumped up, nothing will

TheWolverines24 said:
Here's my tradition that involves a YouTube video. Most of my buddies and my sister stay over at my house the night before Michigan's first game. A couple are Michigan fans like me. Others are Purdue, Colorado, Florida, Notre Dame, and yes even an IU fan. So onto the tradition...I wake up about 30 mins to an hour before everyone else. Pull up my Michigan Marching Band playlist, crank the surround sound, and BLAST The Victors throughout the house to wake everyone up! Then we all make bacon, eggs, pancakes, etc. for breakfast and drink a beer with the breakfast. After that, we play 2 on 2 matchups on NCAA Football until Gameday comes on. Right before kick off I turn the surround sound back up and we watch the YouTube version of Bo's "The Team" speech. After that everyone is so pumped for the games it is crazy in the house! Once kickoff happens, we watch the game and all drink together and other people (wives, girlfriends, other other friends, etc.) start showing up for the annual College Football Kickoff Party. People play cornhole, drinking games, etc. throughout the day, but no Michigan fan misses one second of their game. The couches are reserved for them. It is one of my favorite days of the year!

Sounds like a blast. How long have you been doing that?

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
TheWolverines24 said:

6 years. This year we are doing the party for the game against Ohio State. I'll be in Florida for the first game of the year. Disappointed I can't do the kickoff party, but I can't complain about being on a beach and I'll be able to watch the game down there (already called some bars haha).

@ thewolverines, thats very close to how we do it and u nailed it, it's such an awesome day for sure, regardless of the oppenent.... however, lol. i have family that live in cullman alabama, so the smack talking has already begun for 2012.. now of course all i care about is this season and seeing the new system in place. but its kind of hard not to look at next years season opener.

TheWolverines24 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]

6 years. This year we are doing the party for the game against Ohio State. I'll be in Florida for the first game of the year. Disappointed I can't do the kickoff party, but I can't complain about being on a beach and I'll be able to watch the game down there (already called some bars haha).

It's on ABC, regional, I suppose, so it should be on ESPN2 down here.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]most dominating performance I've ever seen.

[flash=350,287:2p13ynk4]http://www.youtube.com/v/G3wSUL3kk1w&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:2p13ynk4]
</td><td valign="top">
<html><head><title>Banner</title><style>html, body {margin:0;padding:0;}</style></head>
<body>
<script type="text/javascript">
var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");
var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);
{
document.write('+']');
else
document.write('+']');
}
else
{
document.write('');
}
</script>
<noscript>

</noscript>

</body>
</html>

</td></tr></table>

This video teaches to enjoy the little things in life. I love you, yellow first down line marker.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
[quote="Monster ":3cnydt9f]most dominating performance I've ever seen.

[flash=350,287:3cnydt9f]http://www.youtube.com/v/G3wSUL3kk1w&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:3cnydt9f]

This video teaches to enjoy the little things in life. I love you, yellow first down line marker.[/quote:3cnydt9f]

Did you notice Luke Fickell at 2:45?

No haha. But I noticed. "Interception. Nice play by woodson."

Unfortunately this was right before I started watching Michigan though :(

Maize&Cheese304 said:
No haha. But I noticed. "Interception. Nice play by woodson."

Everytime Tim touched the ball it seemed like it was 8-15 yarders with a few long ones thrown in

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
[quote="Maize&Cheese304":fsjt3ff4]No haha. But I noticed. "Interception. Nice play by woodson."

Everytime Tim touched the ball it seemed like it was 8-15 yarders with a few long ones thrown in[/quote:fsjt3ff4]

He was a videogame that game

[flash=350,287:egdw0qqp]http://www.youtube.com/v/ofg5EiHxaX8&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:egdw0qqp]

[flash=350,287:egdw0qqp]http://www.youtube.com/v/z22PFO55Tfs&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:egdw0qqp]

SUPER MARIO MANNINGHAM

I'm still trying to put my pump up video on here but can't figure out how?

josh200612 said:
I'm still trying to put my pump up video on here but can't figure out how?

Go to the Reply page (not the Quick Reply at the bottom of this page). Paste the YouTube URL in the Message window, then select it and click the Tube button up above with the other formatting icons.

josh200612 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5Olok-oWNM

I'll fix it once I figure it out. I post it on the boards ever year most people should have seen it by now but it's my favorite.

[flash=350,287:fetrp5y5]http://www.youtube.com/v/g5Olok-oWNM&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:fetrp5y5]

Back