Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

George Blaha=Hawk Harrleson for the Pistons

tigers99888

Thoughts? He's a good announcer but I always thought he was a bigtime homer for the Pistons.. Similar to Hawk Harrelson for the Sox..

I thought he was dead. I think you need to be part of a homer when you're an announcer. When I used to care about the NBA I always liked Blaha.

No way. He's a homer, but people actually like him and he always says good things about the opposing team. Hawk never says anything positive about the opponent and sits in silent when they score.

George is a really awesome guy, I can't imagine Detroit basketall without him. He and my dad go back 20+ years. He comes to bar/restaurant I work at a few times a year...He is a huge Tigers fan and its funny comparing how he watches sports for fun and when he announces.

[quote author=msuspartan board=pistons thread=2732 post=69373 time=1319420274]George is a really awesome guy, I can't imagine Detroit basketall without him. He and my dad go back 20+ years. He comes to bar/restaurant I work at a few times a year...He is a huge Tigers fan and its funny comparing how he watches sports for fun and when he announces.[/quote]

How is he like?

miggytron said:
[quote author=msuspartan board=pistons thread=2732 post=69373 time=1319420274]George is a really awesome guy, I can't imagine Detroit basketall without him. He and my dad go back 20+ years. He comes to bar/restaurant I work at a few times a year...He is a huge Tigers fan and its funny comparing how he watches sports for fun and when he announces.[/quote]

How is he like?

Yelling and cussing at the refs/TV, haha. When I first saw him, it was weird for a moment because you don't hear him like that during a broadcast. Then you realize he is just another guy.

I think him and Kessler are excellent broadcasters.. I think Kessler would be great on a CBB broadcast as well.. CBS should pick him up IMO.. Blaha is sometimes a homer though, he will scream in excitement when Stuckey makes a weak layup, but if someone like Lebron or Wade does a 360 windmill on the entire Pistons team he's calm and seems to downplay it.. LOL!!

Back